FJ60/62 BMW seat brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

torfab

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.torfab.com
We've designed a set of seat brackets to bolt BMW 3 series seats into a late FJ60 or FJ62. I'm looking for a few people who want to test them out for us and provide some feedback on fitment.

We can probably manufacture 3 sets so some people can try them out. If you want to test them, then you need to be ready to buy some seats. I would support someone who is ready for this upgrade now, so we can get feedback on the brackets sooner.

So far we've used them in about 3 of our 60 series resto-mod builds, and they have worked well with some tweaks. Now I'm ready to get some feedback from you guys.

###Update###

These brackets were tested by a few members of this forum with good results, and they're now available to purchase in our store for $120 including shipping.

store.torfab.com

038.jpg

071.jpg

WP_20130731_011.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, good luck with these. I did the same thing put the 3 series seats in and used them for about 4 month's. One thing people should be aware of when buying the BMW seats is they are known to "twist" do a search and you will find LOADS of twisted seat fixes. For me I ended up with a wagon gear seat box so I swapped mine out for Subaru seats but the BMW seats are very nice in with a good seat bracket what a dream.

Those 3 series seats look great! What is a good year for BMW 3 series to look for?

1994 - 2006 4 door 3 series are all verified to work with our brackets.

The later models are a PITA because the power seat switches use a central computer to work right. The workaround is to adjust your seat right after starting the truck, because it times out after 10 minutes and you can't make any adjustments until after you shut off and restart the truck again.

Beware the late models which have airbags, just stay away from the yellow coated wires.

The twisted seats happen now and then, usually because it was rearended, or from a large dude being the daily driver. I have only seen it once though.

I chose the BMW seats because they (in my opinion) use the best quality leather and are super comfortable.

Wow, great timing. I just spent some time yesterday bolting in a passenger side PT Cruiser seat. Drivers to follow soon. I picked them up a few months back after passing on some BMW seats because I didn't want to make brackets. Had someone been making brackets, I would've gotten the BMW seats! They're nice seats for sure, and worth it if you can get a deal on 'em.

Good luck, looks like a great idea for a needed Cruiser product.

I have 3 series seat installed right now and can test out your bracket compared to the one the PO got fabricated if youd like. PM me if that would be acceptable.

Good luck, this is a really good idea for a product so people can get quality seats that hold you in place when wheeling instead of looking in junkyards for pt cruiser seats.
:cheers:

This is a great idea and I hope it pans out. I put seats from an early 90s e30 BMW into my '85 FJ60 and love them. Finding the seats was pretty easy on CL. No luck at the pick and pulls.

I made my own brackets but would have gladly paid $60 for a set of these had they been available (and the right fit for an earlier FJ60)...took me all day and I remember thinking "somebody who knows what they're doing would be done by now".

Nice product! I'm just glad someone else has grey seats in a brown 62 interior, looks like same two-tone exterior paint as mine too! ;)

If you really want fun, try to make a bracket that works with 80s-90s VW seats. Lordy...

Definitely interested. Have a set of those seats already....been scratching my head as to how to build the brackets. My 60 is an '85—when did the seat mounts switch?

Edit: Crap photo, but maybe somebody knows which mounts I have.

IMG_0472.jpg

Last edited:
I'm more or less local, but I'm likely to remain mostly broke through the end of the month (consider our previous emails about leaf springs, axle seals, etc.). If you're still looking for a test rig in October, I may want to get involved and find a set of bimmer seats...

If not, I'll probably buy a set later, and avoid having to pay for shipping.

Saucebox, looks like you have an early version. I don't have anything for that style bracket yet, sorry

That's just my luck. Ah well....good luck with the brackets.

don't mean to hijack...but

Saucebox, if you want I will PM a pic of the brackets I made to get BMW seats into my '85 FJ60. Same floor as yours. Maybe give you some ideas...

I would love, love, love to have nice comfy leather BMW seats. Plus, it might help the missus get on board with taking the Cruiser on long trips.
Please let me know if these go into production; I've been looking & hoping for something like this for ages!

I'm getting ready to install these BMW seats into my 60. They r not powered.

Let me know if I can still help ur cause.

image-1557001530.jpg

Well i took TorFab up on their offer. I got the backets thursday. These things are nice, and going to be installed on my 1988 FJ62. Made from 3/16 steel, precision bends, and very cleanly cut. Last night I installed the drivers side and mocked the seat on there to check fitment. The brackets are spot on. The only thing that you need to purchase is the bolts to bolt the seats to the brackets (a quick trip to HD took care of that). Found some class 10.9 bolts to keep everything metric.

Before removing my seats it appeared that the brackets were off. Pulled the carpet up and voila... another threaded hole under the carpet. The hole on the right was where the original seat was bolted up to. (need to vacuum it!)
20130927_203317.jpg

The brackets came marked FD/RD (front driver/rear driver) FP/RP (front passenger/rear passenger) and "Door" telling you that that side goes toward the door. Very self explanatory.
20130926_212503.jpg

DSC01027.jpg

Some Primer (these are the passenger side)
20130927_175235.jpg

Some Paint. I might end up blasting and powder coating the brackets just because. We'll see.
20130927_180433.jpg

The seats are off of a 1997 BMW 318 All manual adjustments.
20130927_234739.jpg

Last edited:
Saucebox, looks like you have an early version. I don't have anything for that style bracket yet, sorry

Hey TorFab, was curious if u have any plans to fab up/sell similar brackets for an early 60 anytime soon? I have a 1984 and would be interested in an out of the box solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom