FJ TRD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know how many FJ TRD models are produced each year ?????

The TRD was only made for one year in 07 and they were to have made around 3200 of them.

I don't know about that, I bought a 2012 model 3 days ago. All red this year. Have
a couple in our club all black 2007 & all tan 2010 & all white ?

Yeah, there has been a different TRD model each year. The first year was all black and was limited to 3200 units. I think think the 2008 year model was all white with blacked out mirrors/handles/bumpers. After that I get fuzzy on the models. This year is the all red one - no idea on production #'s.

The ones built after 07 are not TRD. They are called TT's or Trail Teams.

Anyone know how many FJ TRD models are produced each year ?????

From what little I know:

There were 3200 produced each year. 2007 they were called "TRD Special Edition FJ Cruiser" from 2008 on they were still designed/accessorized by TRD but were called "Trail Teams Edition FJ cruiser". And they lost the white roof (which in my opinion meant they should have lost the "FJ" also, their just another SUV with the matching roof. I'm not sure what to think about the all white model).

Last edited:
The ones built after 07 are not TRD. They are called TT's or Trail Teams.

Hate to agree here but technically he's right as far as the marketing terms used. Trail Teams is not necessarily TRD spec. That said I'll take the TT anyday. :clap:

at lest the all white make it look like its dad the fj40.
will in my regen never made a 2wd trd or tt what ever you want to call it.
but 2wd would deft the hole trail team.

Yes it's a TRD "Package". If you look at the link right next to that there is a TT or Trail Teams Special Edition. If the OP was talking about a special TRD FJ then that is the '07 that was black with the black roof and the extra goodies that only 3200 were made, just like the TT is a special color and has the painted roof and the goodies and only so many are made and they have VIN #s to match. It's like getting the "Convenience Package" and calling your FJ a "Convenience FJ" Anyone can add that to an FJ, but only so many actual TRD or Trail Team FJs are made. It also used to be that to get the special parts put on the TRD or TTs you had to have the VIN # to get them. The stuff in the "Package" can be bought normally.

If you really want to know about this go to the "blue" room or also known as fjcruiserforum.

Here's a link: This is the TRD FJ Special Edition.

The 3200 Club: All TRD SE Owners check in here! - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

The Trail Teams Special Edition started in "08 as an all white (iceberg) with special goodies and badges.
None in '09.
2010=Sandstorm
2011=Army Green
2012=Radiant Red
There were also a few, possibly as low as 51, or much higher made that were nicknamed by the people on the "blue" room as the NSSE or Not So Special Edition. They were shipped out as is and were all green, but were missing a lot of the extra goodies they should have had. It was when the earthquake hit Japan.

2012 TRD is all white.
2012 TT is solid red.

If everything I've seen/read is correct, the above information should be correct also.

Yeah in 2007 they produced TRD Special Edition FJ Cruisers and they had the black body with the black roof but still had the silver trim peices like a normal FJ. But then they started making the Trails Team Special Edition FJs which had all the same componets that the TRD had but just a different color.

I know that the 2013 Trails Team will be Cement Grey and have some new mechanical features like a CRAWL function along with the A-TRAC and RR Diff. But one thing all the TTs have in common is that all their trim peices are black instead of the silver which gives it a very unique and cool look. But i'm sure you've seen them, but the 2012 TTs are that bright red color, and then the 2011 TTs were the army green color, the 2010s were the tan color that they called Sandstorm, and i'm not sure if they had a Trails Team FJ in 2009 but the 2008 TT was the white with the black trim peices which is actually my dads favorite.

Hope this helps!

There was no TT's made in '09, in fact there was barely 3200 +- FJ's of all colors in '09 due to the poor auto sales all manufactuers had that year. '09 was also the year that all the rumors started that Toyota was going to stop the production of FJ's which still happens every year since.

For me the coveted year of FJ's is the '09. Has the old engine which I personally prefer but has the 3rd gen front fender fix and with around 3k built-rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom