FJ-60 led tail lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com
Saw this online for LED tail light inserts.

1980-90 Toyota Land Cruiser LED Tail Light Panels
housing_ON.jpg

Very nice. Since the kit says 100% plug in, does that mean that the blinker LED board has built in resistors? (I think it's resistors) AFAIK if you just put in an LED bulb in the blinker spot you will have a fast blinker.

$149.00 is pretty steep, $300 and you will still have faded or cracked lenses. Seems like for that money you should get everything. Housing, LED boards, and lenses.

^ Edited because I read their site wrong.

Last edited:
Very nice. Since the kit says 100% plug in, does that mean that the blinker LED board has built in resistors? (I think it's resistors) AFAIK if you just put in an LED bulb in the blinker spot you will have a fast blinker.

$149.00 is pretty steep, $300 and you will still have faded or cracked lenses. Seems like for that money you should get everything. Housing, LED boards, and lenses.

Sounds like for $150 you get both sides of the truck

Here's another image from their website & install instructions: https://digi-tails.com/sites/default/files/instructions/1400180.pdf

Oh okay. Well that sounds more reasonable. Why would I need to replace the stock ones though? Pretty sure I still have original blinker bulbs. LOL

Either of you guys considering it? To me I just need to replace the lenses with something that isn't faded, mine really aren't that bad, but new ones wouldn't hurt.

Anxious to hear how they are!

I ordered a set....I've also never broken a tail lamp. Yet.

I broke one per year usually .. that long ass of Tencha didn't help on tight trails ..

Oh okay. Well that sounds more reasonable. Why would I need to replace the stock ones though? Pretty sure I still have original blinker bulbs. LOL

Either of you guys considering it? To me I just need to replace the lenses with something that isn't faded, mine really aren't that bad, but new ones wouldn't hurt.

You won't believe the difference. You have to see them. Plain and simple they are better. Have you put Hellas or HID headlamps on your rig yet? Order of magnitude of night visibilty - yes? The effect of putting these in my rig was equal to putting Hellas H1/H4's up front. The lights come on faster and are even- even with old lenses.

I got an email from them. It stated these are made as the order comes in and usually ship out a few days later..

Any good night shots? @SoCalJB

You won't believe the difference. You have to see them. Plain and simple they are better. Have you put Hellas or HID headlamps on your rig yet? Order of magnitude of night visibilty - yes? The effect of putting these in my rig was equal to putting Hellas H1/H4's up front. The lights come on faster and are even- even with old lenses.

I do have Roundeyes and HID's right now. These really interest me. So you just installed the brackets, plugged in the bulb adapter and that was it? Blinker operates like normal? LED's in the back would be awesome.

Can you get a pic of them lit up with covers on?

Can you get a pic of them lit up with covers on?

X2 and what they said ( if so ) about water or humidity, how the LED deal with it .. ?

X2 that

SoCaljb what back up light are you running? I assume that's an addition to the blinker and brake light pannels?

I'll probably be ordering a set of these once I get my truck back. I like the idea of better light so others can see me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom