Family Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I have been snooping through MUD for years now and thought it was time to introduce myself. I live in Oklahoma and just got back from New Mexico with a project pig was given to me by my father. He bought the pig 15 years ago as a project and has since lost interest and wants to start work on one of his 45's, that's were I come in. After a quick trip to get the 55 ( it took one full day just to install the doors, tailgate, sort through his hoard of parts and load the parts inside. My intention is to bring it back to mostly stock. I do have a suspension lift, and will more than likely build custom bumpers, and possibly some bolt on sliders/nerf bars. I have most of the parts I need so It will just be little things I need to source when the time comes. This is the first time to work on a 55 so I am willing to listen to suggestions. This will be a slow build as I stay pretty busy with everything else, but can't wait to get it on the road as I have many memories of trips taken in my dads 55 when I was a kid.

Pics are necessary and make sure you fill out the registry sticky forum. Welcome to the sty. Let's get some deets.

View attachment 1085663 View attachment 1085664 View attachment 1085665 View attachment 1085666 View attachment 1085667 View attachment 1085663 View attachment 1085664 View attachment 1085664 View attachment 1085663 View attachment 1085663 View attachment 1085664 View attachment 1085665 View attachment 1085666 View attachment 1085667 View attachment 1085663 View attachment 1085663 View attachment 1085664 View attachment 1085665 View attachment 1085663 View attachment 1085664 View attachment 1085665 View attachment 1085666 View attachment 1085667

IMG_5839.jpg

IMG_5838.jpg

IMG_5835.jpg

IMG_5836.jpg

IMG_5837.jpg

Great looking pig, I’m looking forward to your progress!!

Welcome... where in Oklahoma? There are a couple of us here with active projects going. I have one in Edmond and Delancy has one (or more) in Tulsa...

All sort of great guys on this forum willing to help out.

Welcome... where in Oklahoma? There are a couple of us here with active projects going. I have one in Edmond and Delancy has one (or more) in Tulsa...

All sort of great guys on this forum willing to help out.
I am in Enid, I need to do a few things doneto the 40 before I get started on the 55.

Didn't catch the year model.............post it up when you start your build thread. Don't forget to mention your needs. You never know what some of us have lying around and are willing to send your way. Congrats on the pig!
Dave

I thought that looked like NM! I spent some time On The Hill...
Welcome! And congrats on the Pig! It looks like a '78 or '79? All these great, late Pigs coming out to play - I love it!
Did your Dad have a Pig before this one? You mentioned memories of your Dad's Pig, and also said he bought this one as a project.
Good job - looks like a really clean Pig!

Didn't catch the year model.............post it up when you start your build thread. Don't forget to mention your needs. You never know what some of us have lying around and are willing to send your way. Congrats on the pig!
Dave

I thought that looked like NM! I spent some time On The Hill...
Welcome! And congrats on the Pig! It looks like a '78 or '79? All these great, late Pigs coming out to play - I love it!
Did your Dad have a Pig before this one? You mentioned memories of your Dad's Pig, and also said he bought this one as a project.
Good job - looks like a really clean Pig!
He still has his pig, but it is in very rough shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom