End of an era... thank you for all your help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's been a tough decision that I've struggled with for about a year, but I've decided to sell my 1984 BJ60. Thank you to all of you here for your help and support. I know I haven't been that active on Mud lately, but I really do appreciate all the help and interesting conversations we've had in the past.

I hope to once again own another diesel Land Cruiser, maybe a JDM turbo diesel, but for now, I need something more mainstream and lower to the ground (brace yourself... a minivan)! :rolleyes:

There's a whole bunch more details in the ad I wrote up, along with some of the specs and upgrades I've done. So if you're interested in hearing more and seeing some pics, check out the listing on Mud classifieds.

you won't be getting a JDM in Montreal... the RHD are banned in Quebec.

sorry to hear, i regret hearing anyone leave the fold.

best of luck in the future choice of vehicles...

Oh, I didn't know that RHD was banned in Quebec... I've seen some RHD Nissan Skylines and a few other JDM sports cars around. They must have been imported before the law was passed then. I guess my only hope would be to buy one that is already imported and registered. Or, look for a nice US Land Cruiser, though it won't be a diesel... Oh well, at this time, my needs are for a minivan... and I'm not that picky now.

actually, the temporary law was passed april 29. it becomes in full effect in Oct.
the way they accomplished the ban was to have the inspection facilities ordered NOT to inspect any RHD vehicles. with this link removed registration is impossible. you can not transfer the ownership between persons, you are not able to register new ones.
it is a ban that will affect all RHD owners and want to be owners clear across Canada in the coming year.

if it was me i would look for a US vehicle and swap the engine over to diesel....

end of an era is a perfect title.

Ah, I see. That is not good news then. There are going to a be a lot of very unhappy people in Canada then! I haven't been up on the RHD news lately, thanks for filling me in. You're right, I might have to get a USA Cruiser and swap in a diesel. Given a choice, I'd get a nice rust free 80 series and give it turbo diesel power! But, that will be a little bit down the road. End of an era for sure.

It's easy then - just convert cruisers to LHD, other countries do it so can we. Buy up all the trashed mine trucks and start doing conversions. Buy minty 80 series in the states and bring them here and convert them - not a bog deal - get the diesels and LHD. If people want these things bad enough then they will do whatever it takes to get them on the road.

Wayne - I bet your next few threads of the new year will be "HZJ73 series RHD/LHD conversion thread" :)

actually, the next thread is "1993 HZJ75 troopie plow truck conversion", then back to the "2004 HZJ79 refurbishing" and after that is the "1992 Troopie refurbishing, modification and expedition build" and after that it is the "1991 HZJ77 4 door pickup conversion"...

THEN maybe the "HZJ73 RHD to LHD conversion" thread

I like the idea of an 80 series diesel converted to LHD. But that will have to wait. Sorry I didn't update you guys sooner. I sold my BJ60 back in early October, and got my minivan... a 1998 Ford Windstar. Yeah, there's a step in the right direction... :rolleyes:

No comments on the minivan please! :flipoff2: It's actually been really good. It's from Florida, zero rust, 65K miles, fleet maintained and it only needed a left inner tie rod to pass an inspection. Now it needs a new battery (it doesn't like the cold Montreal winter weather). Otherwise, it's been great. It's no Land Cruiser, that's for sure, but it suits my needs much better at this time.

In the future, I'd really like to get another Land Cruiser (preferably a diesel 60 or 80 series). So you may not have seen the last of me yet! I may be back at some point in the future. I miss my BJ60, and knew I would.

I told the new owner about this website, so hopefully he joins this excellent community (or maybe he already has).

Bye for now! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom