EDIC over inject when running (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry to be a pest, I do really appreciate all the help my truck is becoming more usable all the time.
I have not had my BJ40 long and it puffs out a lot of black smoke. I read all the old post I can about EDIC arms and now I am totally lost. But I have worked out that it’s in over inject all the time when running. I guess this is why I have a lot of black smoke. How do I get it go into the run position please? Does the engine need to be very hot ? Or is there something else amiss? Wiring is a mess so wouldn’t shock me if that’s the issue.
IMG_2637.jpeg
IMG_2638.jpeg
IMG_2640.jpeg

I'm not sure. The EDIC is basically a fuel cut-off solenoid, and I think that on certain engines it will cut fuel if the oil pressure is low. Not sure if that's how it works on the 3B. At any rate I don't see how it could be contributing to your possible over-injection condition.

Have you tried posting in the diesel sub-forum? Those folks know these engines pretty well. The 3B did a appear across various series of Cruisers, so by posting in the 40/55 forum, you're missing out on the 60 and 70-series 3B diesel experts.

I'm not sure. The EDIC is basically a fuel cut-off solenoid, and I think that on certain engines it will cut fuel if the oil pressure is low. Not sure if that's how it works on the 3B. At any rate I don't see how it could be contributing to your possible over-injection condition.

Have you tried posting in the diesel sub-forum? Those folks know these engines pretty well. The 3B did an appear across various series of Cruisers, so by posting in the 40/55 forum, you're missing out on the 60 and 70-series 3B diesel experts.
I also thought it must be like a switch, stop when the key is off, run when running, so mine is stuck in the starting position or stop. Got to wiring somewhere, maybe back to the ignition

Wise words about the posting in the diesel section, didn’t even occur to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom