Details of Topnault FJ40/45 Bodies (TP auto parts.com) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need help on this: any one has a picture of these parts circled in red? Thanks for help!

21D63481-8253-40EB-B2C5-3BE6F8E05C7D.jpeg

Those hinges are on the cross member that connects the two upright side panels.

1689486054479.png

If you can go to 16 gauge steel without much trouble it would be very cool. Especially if the entire tub was 16 gauge. The bodies would hold up much better. The thicker you go the longer they will last. Nobody will complain and say the steel is too thick. At least in the fj40 world anyway. Other than that, just need more close up pics of the tubs. The rear floor for example and underside.
If they made it thicker to last longer, they will not have a sustaining business model. Parts need to fail so they can sell more of them and often. 😁

Love to see some reviews from your many replacement parts?

I applaud your taking on this undertaking, I hope it’s around for long time. As an owner of a 55 series I’d love to see some parts but fully understand scope and cost for probable low volume needed to justify even going down that road.

However my 84 troopy has some mild rust on the doors and would love to hear from others who may have purchased parts. How was experience, product and fit? The 45 in earlier posts looks nice but I’ll never own one so really doesn’t help me.

That 40 series body on your website is the bomb!!! Wish my 77 was little newer!

Love to see some reviews from your many replacement parts?
I have lots of good things to say. I just received my revised floor pans that fit my 1979 fj40. The pans are indeed 14 gauge. They have now removed the prior extra curved rib that was non-oem (at least on the 1979). The pan-handles are much longer and will cover all areas where my rust was. The pressing is top-notch. These look very very close to the oem pan except much thicker gauge. @topnault also shipped mine in nice bullet-proof packaging (bubble wrapped, boxed, then bubble wrapped again). I don't see a down-side to any of this other than the fitment will hopefully be a spot-on replacement because there is not much wiggle room to bend this 14 gauge.

I am significantly happier with these pans than I was with pans I received from real steel. Could be game over.....

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

I have lots of good things to say. I just received my revised floor pans that fit my 1979 fj40. The pans are indeed 14 gauge. They have now removed the prior extra curved rib that was non-oem (at least on the 1979). The pan-handles are much longer and will cover all areas where my rust was. The pressing is top-notch. These look very very close to the oem pan except much thicker gauge. @topnault also shipped mine in nice bullet-proof packaging (bubble wrapped, boxed, then bubble wrapped again). I don't see a down-side to any of this other than the fitment will hopefully be a spot-on replacement because there is not much wiggle room to bend this 14 gauge.

I am significantly happier with these pans than I was with pans I received from real steel. Could be game over.....

View attachment 3379823

View attachment 3379824
Thanks for posting this! I think they received a lot of flack when selling only on Facebook and am glad they have the physical location in the US now and reviews are starting to come in.
I’m in the market soon and such reviews make pulling the trigger a lot easier.

View attachment 3379823

View attachment 3379824
Thank you for the good words and especially for you provided the feedback at very beginning! Cases like this are hard for us to figure out the true requirements without proper voices from you guys.

Curious is this the only dash you are offering for the 1/79+?
F7665866-DEE6-42C1-A3ED-CEA9597C5EFE.jpeg

This only fits 10/82+ on LHD. The transmission hump change 10/82 would be advantage over previous years. The dash not near as much since the insert section and everything that fits in it on a LHD is near impossible to find. The 10/82 hump is made for the H55F five speed which is a lot popular than the insert dash. The hump also works with the four speed. Looking at the site the early dash panel which is sold out the picture of the FJ40 is from a 78 which has a brake and seat belt lights. These were used 78 to 82 models. Since a lot more cruisers were sold in the US between 78 and 10/82 would makes sense for that style dash than one that only fits a couple hundred FJ40s imported with the insert dash.

Curious is this the only dash you are offering for the 1/79+?
View attachment 3380548
This only fits 10/82+ on LHD. The transmission hump change 10/82 would be advantage over previous years. The dash not near as much since the insert section and everything that fits in it on a LHD is near impossible to find. The 10/82 hump is made for the H55F five speed which is a lot popular than the insert dash. The hump also works with the four speed. Looking at the site the early dash panel which is sold out the picture of the FJ40 is from a 78 which has a brake and seat belt lights. These were used 78 to 82 models. Since a lot more cruisers were sold in the US between 78 and 10/82 would makes sense for that style dash than one that only fits a couple hundred FJ40s imported with the insert dash.

We also have the older model of dash. Please follow the link. They will also be in the mid 70 tub we are making.

We also have the older model of dash. Please follow the link. They will also be in the mid 70 tub we are making.

The link shows a 73-77 dash but the FJ40 in the picture is a 78. Right side of the instrument cluster the red light. That light was there 9/77-10/82.

My real question is the only complete 1/79+ tub comes with the dash I posted a picture of? 1/79 on had a number of changes but that dash only fits 10/82+ LHD 40 series. Even early dash with the the radio opening in not 100% correct for 73/74. The 78 it's possible to cut the rectangular hole for the brake seat belt light. But if I bought a complete tub and I have a 1/79-10/82 would be be vary upset to have all those large holes in the in the center of the dash that need to be filled. Think your doing a great job trying to please customers by providing heavier gauge metal than stock. I brought the dash up once before only trying to be helpful. Don't worry I will not bring it up again.

The link shows a 73-77 dash but the FJ40 in the picture is a 78. Right side of the instrument cluster the red light. That light was there 9/77-10/82.

My real question is the only complete 1/79+ tub comes with the dash I posted a picture of? 1/79 on had a number of changes but that dash only fits 10/82+ LHD 40 series. Even early dash with the the radio opening in not 100% correct for 73/74. The 78 it's possible to cut the rectangular hole for the brake seat belt light. But if I bought a complete tub and I have a 1/79-10/82 would be be vary upset to have all those large holes in the in the center of the dash that need to be filled. Think your doing a great job trying to please customers by providing heavier gauge metal than stock. I brought the dash up once before only trying to be helpful. Don't worry I will not bring it up again.
I see the problem. I am going to digest these and take some actions. One question just throw a dart into dark --- would it be better off if we can custom laser cut holes based on everyone's specific needs, from a couple of base dash boards? After cut they will still go through the e-coating process to make it last longer. Customers will need to provide locations, shapes and dimensions of the cutouts. Cost will be higher and lead time will be longer however it will come out with more professional look.

I'm a n Oceanside and have a 1981 BJ44 and would love to see if you could replicate some of the parts on my rig. Would you be down for a visit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom