DC DS with drop arms, still vibrations... what to do next? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's like an open diff in the axles that you just lock - with the diff lock switch.
So it is either 100% open or 100% locked.

So how do you deal with driveline binding issues in that 100% locked scenario?

SE will act surprised that there's such a thing as an AWD FZJ80, then suggest a part time kit.

Know this ain't what you wanna hear, but your best bet is to toss it all in the trash.....or buy a double, double Cardan shaft off me, 'cause that's the only band aid solution I found to the issues with similar products and output flange angles.

Well Delancy your frame must be bent too.....jk

SE will act surprised that there's such a thing as an AWD FZJ80, then suggest a part time kit.

Know this ain't what you wanna hear, but your best bet is to toss it all in the trash.....or buy a double, double Cardan shaft off me, 'cause that's the only band aid solution I found to the issues with similar products and output flange angles.

So how do you deal with driveline binding issues in that 100% locked scenario?

Just like when an axle is locked, engaging center diff lock on tarmac or any grippy surface will mean transmission wind-up.
Driving on gravel, ice, sand roads I guess it should be fine to drive with a locked center diff if required. Similar to part time 4wd.

Got a quick reply back from Superior Engineering in Oz (great customer service if anyone are considering their products): For most 4" plus lift kits they also sell part time kits.

buy a double, double Cardan shaft off me, 'cause that's the only band aid solution I found to the issues with similar products and output flange angles

Thank you for offering this solution. However with the extra short DS of the manual transmission on my HDJ80, throwing in another uni-joint will mean that there will be even less left of the DS tube which again would increase DS slope. I fear that this will not work on my specific setup although I have heard that Artic Trucks in Iceland have been using them.

I think that everything in the greatly appreciated input in this thread points towards a part time kit.

Part time is a pretty simple job overall. If you buy the spool and main bearing from yota you can have them pressed together prior to job. Then you need no special tools. Just tourque wrench.

Just Toyota Orange sealant. Good set snap ring pliers. I bought my spool from lokka.com then got hubs from a 60. You will need extra groove in axle shafts for the snap ring for manual hubs.

I posted pics recently when I installed. It was my first time installing. Went fairly smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom