For Sale Custom Off Road Coleman Colorado Tent Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello I am a first time user of the site!

This tent trailer is located in Spotsylvania Va.

I am accepting offers on my 1987 or 88 can't remember at the moment Custom built Coleman Colorado. Keep in mind I do not need to sell it and really do not want to but at my age I realized after a successfull dat of hunting alone that I could really use a 4X4 300 cc or bigger utility style 4 wheeler more than the trailer. If I trade or sell this I will build another one down the road! Any way I am not sure how this system works regarding pictures so I will do my best.

If pictures are not accessible or visible email me direct at yourtotalcomfort@gmail.com or reply to the thread. I Have build all the build photos from begining to end that I can email out.

I posted this on craigs and it got ridiculas. People have no clue what this is intended for so I figured I would shoot it out to the 4x4 community. Before you make an offer keep in mind that I have over $2200 invested in material alone. So please keep the 4 wheeler trade at equal value or cash offers reasonable. I am looking for a little more than just material cost due to the many hours I put into it just so you know!

It was completed last year and used 4 times since here is a basic build list:

Original equipment used: The frame, Canvas (In good usable shape not perfect) , slide frame and hardware.

Rest is brand new!

3500lb axle (5 on 4.5 hubs) and springs (Did as a springover for more clearance) it was professioanlly installed and welded by Jimmies Auto and Trailer repair! He is awsome recommend him to everyone!!!!

30"x11.50 Allterain type tires still good for many years,and Jeep wheels!
Frame was sandblsted and painted gloss black
3/4" floor
1" thick walls
Entire box coated with 4 gallons of herculiner bed liner (So the wood never sees water again. Touch up will be easy just buy a quart and roll it on LOL!
The entire box is screwed together with Kreg Jig Pocket screws around 200-300 screws total! I lost count.
Trimmed out with heavy guage wide aluminum angle to protect the wood corners from chipping.
New lights & wired for flat four plug.
New Wheeled Jack & Chains
New cover/Heavy duty tarp with hand made PVC slides for hold down and making it pretty much water tight while towing. Rained half way to GA last time and had no water inside.
2 brand new fold down stabilizers.
2 hand made stabilisers for side to side movement! at 22" off the ground once set up it is rock solid!
If I remember correctly it has 14" of ground clearance from axel to ground.
For the right price or right 4 wheeler I might throw in some camping gear...... That is to be determined!

I am sure I'm forgetting something so its best to see it in person.

Thank you for looking and have a blessed year!

Rick

PS.........Just tried to attach pictures but it won't let me so please email me for more info!! I can include all build photos in one email through my outlook....
0101111358.jpg
0117111030.jpg
Georgia Jan 2011.jpg

I might be missing it but......... what is the price?

The rules on this forum are to post a price.

Nice looking trailer btw!

Sorry I put the material amount of $2200 but did not specify an exact price, just asking a little over that but I guess If I had to be exact I would like $2500 or best offer.. Thank you for the reply and have a blessed night!

But don't be affraid to make an offer, all will be be considered if reasonable....

Thanks again!

Cool looking setup. To bad it is on the wrong coast as a friend of mine would be interested. I will show this add to him but the distance is not good.

No Problem Thank you all for the compliments! Just think... he would have a place to sleep all the way home LOL.....

Hello I am a first time user of the site!

This tent trailer is located in Spotsylvania Va.

I am accepting offers on my 1987 or 88 can't remember at the moment Custom built Coleman Colorado. Keep in mind I do not need to sell it and really do not want to but at my age I realized after a successfull dat of hunting alone that I could really use a 4X4 300 cc or bigger utility style 4 wheeler more than the trailer. If I trade or sell this I will build another one down the road! Any way I am not sure how this system works regarding pictures so I will do my best.

If pictures are not accessible or visible email me direct at yourtotalcomfort@gmail.com or reply to the thread. I Have build all the build photos from begining to end that I can email out.

I posted this on craigs and it got ridiculas. People have no clue what this is intended for so I figured I would shoot it out to the 4x4 community. Before you make an offer keep in mind that I have over $2200 invested in material alone. So please keep the 4 wheeler trade at equal value or cash offers reasonable. I am looking for a little more than just material cost due to the many hours I put into it just so you know!

It was completed last year and used 4 times since here is a basic build list:

Original equipment used: The frame, Canvas (In good usable shape not perfect) , slide frame and hardware.

Rest is brand new!

3500lb axle (5 on 4.5 hubs) and springs (Did as a springover for more clearance) it was professioanlly installed and welded by Jimmies Auto and Trailer repair! He is awsome recommend him to everyone!!!!

30"x11.50 Allterain type tires still good for many years,and Jeep wheels!
Frame was sandblsted and painted gloss black
3/4" floor
1" thick walls
Entire box coated with 4 gallons of herculiner bed liner (So the wood never sees water again. Touch up will be easy just buy a quart and roll it on LOL!
The entire box is screwed together with Kreg Jig Pocket screws around 200-300 screws total! I lost count.
Trimmed out with heavy guage wide aluminum angle to protect the wood corners from chipping.
New lights & wired for flat four plug.
New Wheeled Jack & Chains
New cover/Heavy duty tarp with hand made PVC slides for hold down and making it pretty much water tight while towing. Rained half way to GA last time and had no water inside.
2 brand new fold down stabilizers.
2 hand made stabilisers for side to side movement! at 22" off the ground once set up it is rock solid!
If I remember correctly it has 14" of ground clearance from axel to ground.
For the right price or right 4 wheeler I might throw in some camping gear...... That is to be determined!

I am sure I'm forgetting something so its best to see it in person.

Thank you for looking and have a blessed year!

Rick

PS.........Just tried to attach pictures but it won't let me so please email me for more info!! I can include all build photos in one email through my outlook....
View attachment 572598View attachment 572599View attachment 572600

I like the camper and what you did with it. Had one brand new back in 88. So I know how basic they are, and how universal they are. How do I go about contacting you to see the camper, as I am located near Chesterfield County Va?

GLWS, bump for an interesting trailer. Would love to see it in person but that's never going to happen....looks like a cool project - more pics might help you out since you've managed to get over 11,000 views but only a handful of replies so far, just my $.02 :).

[QUOTEtlin, post: 113 59, member: 90480"]GLWSmp for an interesting trailer. Would love to see it in person but that's never going to happen....looks like a cool project - more pics might help you out since you've managed to get over 11,000 views but only a handful of replies so far, just my $.02 :).[/QUOTE]
Well the fact that it is a 6 year old thread possibly plays a role

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom