CSC'rs: Show and tell camping/wheeling/expedition gear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He might need a great night's sleep every once in awhile for the next few years...!

Thanks, any input on your end?

I've only had to use mine once. It worked with no issues.

All three of the ones I have are from different companies, and are all made in China. Two of them were exactly the same despite being two different name brands. I leave them in the cars and top the charge off about every six months. I have had them for a year or a little over that.

I pulled the one out of the Cruiser before the Grand Canyon run last month. It had swollen and the case was splitting along the seam. I pulled the other one out from my Subaru. It had done the same thing. I leave both of them in the vehicles year round, so I don't know if the high temps had something to do with them swelling. I contacted both manufacturers via email, and both replaced them without any problems. They were within the warranty period of 18 months.

Several of the guys on here use the Microstart brand, which is the original as far as I know. There is a significant price difference. I think I paid around $40-$50 for each of mine.

Here's the original thread I started for the sales:
Compact Car jump starter deal on amazon

I've only had to use mine once. It worked with no issues.

All three of the ones I have are from different companies, and are all made in China. Two of them were exactly the same despite being two different name brands. I leave them in the cars and top the charge off about every six months. I have had them for a year or a little over that.

I pulled the one out of the Cruiser before the Grand Canyon run last month. It had swollen and the case was splitting along the seam. I pulled the other one out from my Subaru. It had done the same thing. I leave both of them in the vehicles year round, so I don't know if the high temps had something to do with them swelling. I contacted both manufacturers via email, and both replaced them without any problems. They were within the warranty period of 18 months.

Several of the guys on here use the Microstart brand, which is the original as far as I know. There is a significant price difference. I think I paid around $40-$50 for each of mine.

Here's the original thread I started for the sales:
Compact Car jump starter deal on amazon
There is a jumper on sale at pepboys for $30. Just bought it have not used it.

I picked up the costco jumper.
<data:blog.pageTitle/>
car-jump-start-and-portable-power-bank-costco.jpg

I have the Costco one but have not had a chance to use it yet. The Costco warranty is always a plus though.

I love my solar shower.

image-jpeg.1308508

I love my solar shower.

If that pallet starts to wear out, I can hook you up. Even have some of the new plastic models if you are adept enough to keep your feet out of the cup holders.:D

48-x-40-nestable-retail-plastic-pallet.jpg

I picked up the costco jumper.
<data:blog.pageTitle/>
car-jump-start-and-portable-power-bank-costco.jpg

I just drove 8 hours round trip to rescue someone up on the rim because their battery was dead. Happy to do it. I had the day off BUT these things are REALLY CHEAP insurance for those that go off the beaten path and end up being solo. I have used mine 6-8 times and never on my vehicle to date. Forest Service, Sheriff, etc would not come out to help. A "Garage" was going to charge over $300 to come out and give my friends a jumpstart.

Moral of the story? GET ONE OF THESE!!!!!

Easy campsite coffee.

I always carry some of the Starbucks Via instant coffee packs. I know some of the other guys use them too.

Just noticed Costco is selling a 26 pack right now for around $14.50. I think the packs from Starbucks have 7 and cost around $10.

IMG_20160822_183411.jpg

If that pallet starts to wear out, I can hook you up. Even have some of the new plastic models if you are adept enough to keep your feet out of the cup holders.:D

View attachment 1310347

:lol:

Maybe, I was lucky that there was a pallet handy at the job site I was working at. Much better than trying to balance on rocks.

Low buck alternative, and if it doesn't work, you're only out $10.00. Bed,bath and beyondView attachment 1291981
I have one of these I bought from Amazon that looks identical to the one pictured. I would not recommend it. The nylon and stitching is very thin, cheap and will rip plus I've found the pockets to be marginal at best for holding and storing goods. I will gladly spend money on a good quality one next time that will last many years and function much better. Its in the trash can.

Any of you guys want to sell me your megamat that's just taking space up in the closet?

Well I guess it good I procrastinated on this Megamat, the wife got me one for my birthday :redface: so Ill be testing it out on Brice's October ROTM

Well I guess it good I procrastinated on this Megamat, the wife got me one for my birthday :redface: so Ill be testing it out on Brice's October ROTM

My wife bought me one for my birthday too. It is sitting in the kitchen ready for me to open (early birthday present). She is the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom