Cruiser Patch 100 Series Products Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserpatch

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.cruiserpatch.com
Cruiser Patch Products for 100 Series Land Cruiser and LX470

These are listed in no particular order.
I will continue to update this thread as more products arrive to the site.

Nomenclature: "kit" refers to any combination of two or more parts

Cruiser Patch original products:
  1. Lower Control Arm bushing press tool & tool kit
  2. Fumoto engine oil quick-drain valve kit
  3. Door limiter reinforcement plates
  4. 98-02 LX470 climate control "button repair kit"
  5. Toyota 4WD IFS CV axle seal driver SST 09550-00032 replica - see post #27
Cruiser Patch OEM kits:
  1. OEM Land Cruiser cabin air filter retrofit kit - see post #11
  2. OEM magnetic differential plug kit (10mm allen)
  3. OEM front mudguard kit (LC & LX)
  4. OEM 2UZ-FE PCV valve kits - see post #29
  5. OEM lower control arm bushing set kits
  6. OEM positive (N+) battery terminal kit (98-02)
  7. OEM fusible link assy. kit (98-02)
  8. OEM 2UZ-FE valve cover gasket kit
  9. JDM/OEM LX470 plug & play corner lens kit
  10. JDM/OEM LX470 turn signal retrofit kits
  11. JDM Land Cruiser clear corner lens kits
  12. OEM 2UZ-FE heater tee delete kit
  13. OEM 2UZ-FE heater tee hose kit
  14. OEM heater tees (2x) - see post #4
  15. OEM torsion bar hardware kits
  16. OEM 2UZ-FE/1HD-FTE engine mount kit
  17. JDM 'Prius' rear wiper arm kit - see post #14
  18. OEM IFS front differential axle seal kit - see post #27
  19. OEM 2UZ-FE accessory belt idler pulley - see post #30
  20. OEM 2UZ-FE radiator hose & clamp kit - see post #41
SuperPro kits:
  1. Extended Rear Sway Bar link set
  2. Front Differential Lower Support Bushing
  3. Steering Rack Polyurethane bushing kits
  4. Front Differential Drop kit
  5. Lower Control Arm bushing kits

Last edited:
Starting today, I'll be documenting all of my kits as I add them to CruiserPatch.com and as they evolve over the years.

I started my business as I recognized a need for high quality customer service combined with 100 Series specific support. I do offer some kits for the 200 and 80 series owners out there but my primary focus is currently the U.S. spec 100 Series (1998-2007) Toyota Land Cruiser and Lexus LX470. As my business expands, I'll add more support for other platforms but I would much rather do a great job meeting specific needs than an average job at many things.

Thanks for all the support and orders thus far! Great things behind, great things ahead.

Happy Trails,

Patch

IMG_8035.jpeg

Are the heater Ts the exact metric specs as the OEM plastic ones?

Are the heater Ts the exact metric specs as the OEM plastic ones?
These are the heater tees I sell in pairs. They measure within .5mm of OEM tees in all dimensions.

Part number TY0617365-PRM from Autotecnica

Occasionally after installation the hoses will leak in which case I replace the hoses and hose clamps. That has always fixed the leak in my experience.

Some have elected to delete the heater tees (one less Murphy). Deleting the tees obviously also deletes the rear heat.

OEM spec metal heater tee kit
OEM 2UZ-FE heater tee hose kit
OEM 2UZ-FE heater tee delete kit (rear heater delete)

IMG_0361.jpeg
IMG_0363.jpeg

IMG_0364.jpeg

Last edited:
How do these work in GX470 and 4Runner v8? Where would you install them?
View attachment 3576078
Updated the fitment details. Must've been a copy/paste mistake (forgot to delete from another kit description). Thanks for finding that.

Read post #4 and it will answer your other question about the metal tees.

Post #4 didn't answer why the Toyota logo is in this picture.
View attachment 3576736
There are two versions of the heater tee kit. In the screenshot you're viewing the 'OEM plastic tees: 87248-60460' option as indicated by the box at right. Some customers prefer OEM plastic tees so I stock and sell genuine Toyota plastic tees

There are two versions of the heater tee kit. In the screenshot you're viewing the 'OEM plastic tees: 87248-60460' option as indicated by the box at right. Some customers prefer OEM plastic tees so I stock and sell genuine Toyota plastic tees

He's saying that you shouldn't have the Toyota Genuine Parts stamped on the pictures. It's confusing. I agree with him. It should be very clear these are not Toyota OEM parts.

Good to know that you stock and sell genuine Toyota plastic tees. The confusion part is I didn't select 'OEM plastic tees: 87248-60460' option box on the right. Descriptions and price indicated that it is a metal Tee, with "Sold out" button and "TOYOTA GENUINE PARTS".

A few notes on the OEM cabin air filter retrofit kit:

(this one's fresh on my mind since I just completed this install on a 2005LC)

• Cruiser Patch kits include step-by-step printed instructions
  • 1998-2007 LX470 came equipped with cabin air filters
  • 1998-2007 Land Cruiser had cabin air filters as optional equipment
  • the cheapest way to do this mod is to cut out a hole in the original evap cover (88891-60080)
  • damaging the fins on the evaporator could cause a coolant leak. be careful when cleaning etc.
  • tools required: JIS screwdriver(s), 10mm wrench/socket, small prybar or stick/vacuum (clean the evaporator)
  • easiest to remove 10mm bolt holding glove box trim (see photo below)
IMG_0374.jpeg

above: 2005 LC with a small garden in the evaporator
below: 88891-60040 on left and 88891-60080 on right

IMG_0376.jpeg

IMG_0377.jpeg

above: 88891-60060 'cooler cover no. 1' and 10mm bolt circled in red

more details:
  • if the provided OEM gasket does not prevent leaking, use FIPG to seal the evaporator
  • it's easiest to pull the evap. cover out the bottom - it's tight but it works
  • be careful not to damage any wiring, especially around the airbag sensor (suspended from yellow wires in photo above)

FYI....I placed an order with Patch that shipped Friday and received well packaged today, Monday.

FYI....I placed an order with Patch that shipped Friday and received well packaged today, Monday.
I've just initiated a change in my inventory practices that will undoubtedly lead to shorter lead times/shipping times.

Since I'm still getting the hang of all this, some patience may be required (I.E. Prius wiper arm kits have been out of stock/delayed for 3 weeks now).

I'm happy to help my customers source parts faster than I am able to if they need them ASAP. I'd rather lose a sale and gain a customer than the other way around.

Patch

"Prius" wiper arm kits are now actually more accurately 'Alphard Hv' wiper arms and wiper blades.

JDM "Prius" rear wiper arm kit

Using a new OEM nut, one can simply replace the factory arm with the Toyota Alphard minivan arm (as pictured) and a Toyota 16" wiper blade (also pictured). The Alphard wiper blade is curved, unlike the Prius wiper blades of the same style which I had previously included. Admittedly, I did not research this kit enough before bringing it to market and settled for, what I think, was a poor-fitted wiper arm (part no. 85241-47030 from the Prius). Anyone who purchased one of the Prius arms from CruiserPatch.com (August 2023 - December 2023) is entitled to a replacement should they want it.

Installation photos coming soon. Stay tuned.

As always, part numbers are found in the product description.

NOVA8712-PWA-58010K.png
NOVA8713-PWA-58010K.png

"Prius" wiper arm kits are now actually more accurately 'Alphard Hv' wiper arms and wiper blades.

JDM "Prius" rear wiper arm kit

Using a new OEM nut, one can simply replace the factory arm with the Toyota Alphard minivan arm (as pictured) and a Toyota 16" wiper blade (also pictured). The Alphard wiper blade is curved, unlike the Prius wiper blades of the same style which I had previously included. Admittedly, I did not research this kit enough before bringing it to market and settled for, what I think, was a poor-fitted wiper arm (part no. 85241-47030 from the Prius). Anyone who purchased one of the Prius arms from CruiserPatch.com (August 2023 - December 2023) is entitled to a replacement should they want it.

Installation photos coming soon. Stay tuned.

As always, part numbers are found in the product description.

View attachment 3579505View attachment 3579507
I, for one, am happy to wait for an improved item :)

I, for one, am happy to wait for an improved item :)
Thanks for your patience. Should have one for you soon 👍🏼

Got your order by the way. Thanks for the note. BTW, mud members get 5% off with discount code “ih8mud” - I’ll apply it to your order

OEM 2UZ-FE/1HD-FTE engine mount kit

The engine mounts on the 100 Series are extremely robust but eventually need replacing. On my 1999 Lexus LX470 I can definitely feel more vibrations through to the body than I like. I'll be replacing the mounts soon and will report back.

This is a good maintenance item to knock out when replacing the steering rack. I replace the rack by jacking the engine off the mounts rather than removing the oil filter housing like the FSM suggests.

NOVA8605-ENM-50210K.png
NOVA7255-ENM-50210K.png
NOVA7257-ENM-50210K.png

Rolling it in September of 2023 probably didn't help my 25+ year old engine mounts...got some cool scars though.
IMG_8819.jpeg

How does the
  1. OEM 2UZ-FE heater tee delete kit work? Doesnt it make sense to just use this and completely avoid any future T issues? any cons?
The heater tee delete kit also deletes the rear heater function. The blower motor located under the driver's seat will obviously still circulate air through the vehicle but it will not be heated.

I will be installing this mod on my 1999 LX470 soon as a preventative maintenance item. One less thing to go wrong on a trail (minimal failure points are ideal).

There are also several hoses leading to the rear heater that can be removed after installing this kit. Located between body and transmission on LH side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom