Cruiser on Fire!!! Need Wiring Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just had the bad luck of a fire due to a loose battery hold down that caused arc-ing which started a fire in the cruiser. amazingly, most of the electrics are working but need a new headlamp, battery tray and hold down, hood release cable, and most importantly the front main wiring harness. it is not available new from toyota and now i am looking for one. any ideas? i do have to say that the odyssey battery is tough as nails. i have had it in there for 3 years, no problems. the cruiser still runs fine and started right up after the fire. the shop is forcing me to get a new battery but thing is great! thanks for any advice or links.

If the exact part # for the harness is not available from Toyota, did they suggest an alternate part #? Might check on that or give one of our ace parts guys/listmembers like Cruiserdan a call to check on it.

Other options are a junk yard or pick your own parts establishment.

I'm not sure Beno, but I think that's the engine wiring harness. The price is exactly what I just paid for my engine harness. I believe he needs a different harness.

Absolutely correct. My bad. Deleted the post.

Bad news is that the 40th anniversary harness is discontinued from Toyota and it is a different part number from the regular LC's.

Customer's mechanic just called us.

I do not know what the difference is between the two, but it would be not a bad shot to try the non-40th harness.

I'm guessing that the 40th anniv model has the temp pickup in front of the condenser for the AUTO HVAC contro but that's only a WAG.

thanks for the input...will get with my mechanics and see what we can find out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom