Cooper S/T Maxx Real Reviews (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I could wait for my 315s to wear out... it would take at least 4 years. So I sold them to get 37s.
20160331_143904.jpg
20160401_083932.jpg
Screenshot_2016-05-10-18-32-30.png

Dang! That's a lot of meat on those wheel wells. Looks good! Any rubbing? What kind of suspension are you running and how much lift did it give you?

2.5" lift OME 851+25mm/863+30mm & 1" body lift.
Rub yes, but good rub.

FWIW, I had a set of these on my JKU in 255/80/17 and loved them. I beat the snot out of these tires and they never chipped, punctured, or failed me. The side wall is tough as nails and I'm planning on getting these for my new to me 100 Series.

I'll add some fuel to the fire... have them on my 98 and love them. Previously had the Falken Wildpeak AT3W's for only two weeks before I got a deal on these; I wetsanded and buffed a friend's 200 and he was selling his 07 LX and asked if I'd like the tires and wheels as payment. 275/70/18 here.

No complaints with the Falkens for the brief time I had them, but I absolutely love these tires! Road noise is quieter than you'd think, and onroad driving dynamics still feel compliant and confident, plus the ride isn't too harsh nor floaty. Acceleration and gas mileage... Well it's sh*tty to begin with so I'm not even going to go there.

All in all, a great looking and riding tire, and they have been through some interesting terrain off-road. Will be keeping these on instead of swapping out to my Nokians just to see how they fare in the snow.

Rich

20171014_113819.jpg
20170602_223201.jpg
20171014_110642.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the 275/70/r18 ST Maxx fits in the spare location with the integrated hitch?

Last edited:
hey guys, I have a stock 100 and thinking about getting the 285-75-R16. Will this fit without any rubbing or issues? I currently have 275-70-R16 and it looks like there's a lot of room still...

@warmmachine yes 285 75 16 will fit and yes it will fit in the spare location with a hitch.

I got Cooper S/T Maxx in 32's and I love them. 0nly 28k miles on them and they seem to wear well. These cooper tires are quiet also.

Still rocking mine that I bought a number of years ago. Couple months back I had to replace one as I picked up a bolt at some point and was running the tire low enough, without knowing, that it actually damaged the sidewall. At that point I still had 50% tread life on the tires. Still completely impressed with these tires, have done everything I have asked them to and are still super quiet on the road/highway. Love the look on my 60 as well. Can't say enough good stuff out the S/T Maxx or Coopers in general.

I go in tomorrow for my second set of five. Was out weekend before last and suffered 2 sidewall tears, one of which held air and the other didn't. They've been on the 80 for 4+ years and were manufactured in the last week of May 2014. They've held up great with all the abuse they've been put through. With only 20K-ish miles on them there's plenty of tread left; however upon further inspection while changing the tire all of them have developed age/sun cracks just above the bead. I thought about changing to a different tire but the ST Maxx have held their own and have earned the right to continue use for us.

I have about 25,000 on mine, on my 2013 Tacoma dc.
I was running about 35lbs in them, they’re E rated and say max pressure is 80.
The fronts started getting noisy and cupping, so I went up to 50lbs.
There’s a lot of tread left.

I go in tomorrow for my second set of five. Was out weekend before last and suffered 2 sidewall tears, one of which held air and the other didn't. They've been on the 80 for 4+ years and were manufactured in the last week of May 2014. They've held up great with all the abuse they've been put through. With only 20K-ish miles on them there's plenty of tread left; however upon further inspection while changing the tire all of them have developed age/sun cracks just above the bead. I thought about changing to a different tire but the ST Maxx have held their own and have earned the right to continue use for us.

Where do you find the mfg. date on them? I remember taking a quick look when I first got mine but couldnt seem to find what I thought was a date.

On the Coopers it's the last set of 4 digits in the DOT number. For example these were manufactured in the 23rd week of 2018.

20180719_111434.jpg

Sweet thank you @FJRanger !!

Finally remember to take a look yesterday at the gas station and mine were apparently 0114, so that's first week of 2014. Working on 5yrs old now with ~50% tread life left.

Last edited:
So glad I found this thread a few weeks ago. I'd been running BFG KM2 MT's. Cupped pretty badly and needed replacing. Just could not keep them balanced.

Based on feedback in this thread and two guys here that I wheel with, FJRanger and Dan2722, I purchased a set of Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx 285/75/16 for my '94 FZJ80.

On and off road manners are awesome. Given that most miles are on road, I'm really happy with the on road manners. This tire seems to be a perfect balance between on road AT manners and off road MT. JMHO!

Tire selection is definitely subject to the truck and individuals circumstance.

In my case I can share my experience with the ST Max which I currently run compared to my KO2s All and all both are great tires and won't leave you disappointed.

The ST Max seems to have a better designed tread as the K02 just seems to be an outdated tred concept and cakes up with mud pretty easily.

The ST Max also feels a lot more rugged and it doesn't chip at all compared to my KO2 which chipped and wore really crappy, even with many rotations and new suspension components on my truck

Only complaint with the ST Max is a low speed , less than 2mph, I get a rough vibration. It is felt when pulling into parking spaces, stopping at a light, and just rumbles the truck. K02s rode smoother until their end of life when they were pretty noisy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom