Comments about the coming EV revolution and our 100's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4.5 years since this thread started and still the EV share is smallish @ 6%. But that’s up 4% in 5 years. Initial cost and charging infrastructure are barriers to entry for the near term. Gonna be a while before our ICE’s are obsolete.

Toyota has the right strategy imo- hybrid and fuel cell. Leadership won’t buy into a total EV switch over- they’ll have some but they don’t see EV as the best solution. I’m on board with any carbon neutral tech that doesn’t rely on China being the primary component or raw material supplier.
Best option is similar to the light year and the Aptera that is about to be sold to its buyers Make the car as light and aerodynamic as possible This requires the least amount of energy for acceleration and least Amont of energy for speeds of 60 mph. Cover the entire top, hood, dash, hatch back space, and entire "tail" of the car with solar panels. I am all for cars wit a "A speed Tail" design. Aptera's Aerodynamic Optimization | Aptera - https://aptera.us/apteras-aerodynamic-optimization/

4.5 years since this thread started and still the EV share is smallish @ 6%. But that’s up 4% in 5 years. Initial cost and charging infrastructure are barriers to entry for the near term. Gonna be a while before our ICE’s are obsolete.

Toyota has the right strategy imo- hybrid and fuel cell. Leadership won’t buy into a total EV switch over- they’ll have some but they don’t see EV as the best solution. I’m on board with any carbon neutral tech that doesn’t rely on China being the primary component or raw material supplier.
Going from 2% to 6% isn't up 4%, it's up 200%.

EVs should not be considered a political item. Charging cars at night is good for the grid since it lets turbines run closer to steady state.

Sure there are challenges with battery tech, but those should be viewed as opportunities for new American industries, not things to naysay over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom