Coilovers, which one??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I'm about half way thru my construction of my rock buggy, and I need to make a decision on coilovers. Fox, Sway-away, or ?? Anyone with customer service issues? If I need to swap out a coil for a different rate, will they do it free??

BTW Mark (Metaltech), I'm going to use your Hyperjoints, so send um!!
Buggypics1 050.jpg
Buggypics1 026.jpg
Buggypics1 051.jpg

Neat way to narrow the hood! Makes me wish I hadn't already bent tube for the front clip on mine... Oh well, there's always version 3.1!

I got my SAW's through slowandold on the PBB.. $259 each for 2.0 reservoirs, + $59 (i think) for the dual-rate kits. That's a shipped price. The custom valving I asked for took a while, but std. valving should be a quick turnaround.

For our purposes, it's more a question of "what color do you want your shock?" from what I gathered.

Coils - Poly is the only vendor I know of who will swap springs once you've used them, BUT... QA1's are quality springs, and are just over 1/2 the price of Poly's Eibach's. Sooo, when you factor that in, not even considering any $$ you get from selling the old ones, you can buy roughly 6 more coils from Summit before you hit the break-even point. 6/8 of mine are QA1's from Summit Racing, the other 2 are Eibach's, only because QA1 doesn't make a spring in the rate I needed for my front primary (14" 450)

Oh, BTW, you'll save some $ in the long run if you run 14" shocks instead of 16".. those 16" springs get pricy!!

Hope this helps.

Hey Dave we are a sway away dealer now. So if you want the hyper joints and some SAW coil overs, we can make it happen ;)

color preferance essentially..

And the coilover companies are not making the springs. So it does not matter which coilovers you get. They all use the same springs..

Eskimo, ya there was some head scratching when it came to the hood. I still need to split the corners, dolly the it up to meet the mid section and refab, but it was enough to fab the front top main tube.

LT, I did not know you are a SAW dealer, good to know. Let me know when my Hyperjoints are ready.

We have everything for the hyper joints minus the bushings at the moment. But those can be bought at AutoZone if you are looking to get them now.

How did you go about deciding the length of shock and coil rate?

Is it a guesstimation and then narrow it down once you have tried a set?

Finding your sprung weight is pretty important... especially as you get farther away from a stock rig where you might otherwise be able to guesstimate.

I used numbers from last year when I corner weighed the rig, and then subtracted the weights of all the parts, and got a sprung weight, and have been guessing as I've been adding & removing weight from the rig, but I should be close.

Give Adam a call at aa-fab.com and get some King's !! Good service good parts

I have had SAW, Fox and Walker Evans and I would not do the Walkers again. The shaft was the same size as normal emulsion shocks and I just don't think they controlled my car as well as the Sway A Ways did.

SPRDAV,

I have an extra set of 14"x2.5" Fox coilovers with reservoirs if you are interested. They have been installed, but never run.

Ryan.

Ya, I might be interested, I was leaning towards 18" in back and 16" up front though. I'll keep ya in mind. I'm making a run to Metaltech tomorrow for link parts.

SD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom