Code P0120-P0141 fixed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ever since I bought my truck two years ago my CEL has been on. I finally got around to going to Advance Auto and had them read the code ('95 OBDII). The print out listed codes P0120 (TPS Malfunction) and P0141 (O2 Bank One Sensor 2 Malfunction). I ordered two new O2 sensors from Dan and they arrived today. I ordered a new TPS Monday (after digging out the manual for my multimeter and figuring out how to properly test the TPS) and will install it when it gets here. But anyhow, I got the new O2 sensors in and reset the computer and took the truck out for a test drive.

With just the new O2 sensors in, the truck immediatly idled smooth. I was stoked and drove for several miles and it ran nice and smooth the whole time, and the CEL didn't come back on! Yeah!!!! I have been looking at that dang thing since I got the truck, and I am so glad it is gone.

Thanks Dan!!!!! And thanks 'MUD for the FCM Download!

Well Tank, I now have three drives and the CEL is still no lighting up!! I am curious though, I know the TPS is bad. The OBD scanner said so, and my dyagnostic test confirmed it, so I thought the CEL would stay lit till I replaced the TPS...... Hmmmmm. Anyhoo, I'm still glad the dang light is out.

Computer logs anything suspicious. If the TPS has a dead spot once then it records it in the memory. It may not glitch again for awhile and things will be fine till it does it again.

I'm getting the P0141 error code and understand that this is Bank 1, Sensor 2. Is this the sensor upstream or downstream of the cat? Can't seem to find any references to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom