cloth 100 series? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love the classic Toyota "mouse fur" cloth upholstery...first seen in the 1981 Cressida!

Congrats on a very clean 100...I'm looking for one myself and hope that I can be as lucky as you.

Very nice & unique find. I spent some money & even more time de-wooding my interior & sourcing front mud flaps/pulling running boards. If I could just find a non-leather wrapped steering wheel I would be satisfied.
A lot of people that see my truck and aren't into cars, in particular Land Cruisers, think it looks too small to be a Land Cruiser! It's funny how much visual "bulk" items like the running boards, rack, and even factory flares add. My steering wheel is perforated and leather wrapped but it's hard to see in the pics. Friends have even asked if it was lifted due to the lack of running boards..Going forward any functional mods done will be in keeping with the simple look and feel! Since my last post in this thread I have polished the water spots out of the hood, added oem clear corners, and had the windows tinted today actually along with preventative maintenance, so it's slowly coming together. Tires are high on my list as well!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Love the classic Toyota "mouse fur" cloth upholstery...first seen in the 1981 Cressida!

Congrats on a very clean 100...I'm looking for one myself and hope that I can be as lucky as you.
Trust me when I say, i was obsessively scouring auto trader and cars.com looking for clean Cruisers! I just lucked out I live 10 minutes from this dealership..I think most people looked passed it because of its lack of luxury features..

Your cloth will wear much better than leather....leather sucks.

I envy your truck.

She's a beauty. Wish I had cloth :/

Missing my 99 hundy and thought i would add some info on the rare poverty package 100s even though it means resurrecting a 5 yr old thread. Cloth 100s actually could ordered quite option rich. My 99 was cloth with seat heaters, sunroof, rear ac, roof rack, running boards and vented rear windows. As mentioned, the cloth interiors held up quite wonderfully compared to the leather. I sold mine at 280k and the interior was mint. I bought that hundy because i couldnt find a 100 in Colorado with leather that wasnt in bad shape for under 9k at the time(ok i lied i really bought it because before i saw this one i didnt even know 100s could be had in cloth so cool factor was pretty high). Sold it because i was offered 2x what i bought it for. . . And as you can tell i regret said decision

Last edited:
Exactly... My 98 has the rear locker, heated seats, sunroof, power rear quarter windows, rear heater (no a/c) and the like. Really enjoy the cloth and never realized how rare it was until after I picked it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom