Check Engine Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

po458 is a common code on that truck. Make sure the flux capacitor is plugged in. This is needed for the 1.21 Jiggawatts that make time travel possible.

Since you don't already have an OBD II reader, might be a good time to pick up one of these ScanGaugeII's. There are a few group buys going on right now.

Ok...now I need a scan tool. Anyone tried this one? Others?

That ScanGauge II looks sweet! Has anyone tried it? Lots of cool features beyond just reading codes!

That ScanGauge II looks sweet! Has anyone tried it? Lots of cool features beyond just reading codes!

They have a 30-day "unconditional money back guarantee"...might end up buying one if no one posts up a viable alternative.

My "Actron" works well, fairly inexpensive at Advance Auto, etc.

And uhh, no it is not hooked up under the hood:).

-Mark

I am near certain that there are plenty of 100 owners who, like myself at this point, have only seen the CEL/MIL come on once or twice - and that it was for O2 sensors.

-Mark

Was the reason mine came on. One sensor bad.

Was there any rough running with an O2? I know it does if it's a coil pack.

I am not aware of any noticible symptoms of a newly bad O2 sensor other than the CEL.

My truck ran the same before and during the 2 separate times the CEL came on. Then when I replaced the specified sensor and reset the CEL, the only change was that the CEL for that sensor stayed off.

-Mark

not in the 2 in the 100 and the 2 in the LX we replaced, ran perfect before and after, will hurt the cats at somepoint but not right away

Was there any rough running with an O2? I know it does if it's a coil pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom