catskinners 72 fj45 past patina (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

catskinner the old mack is stock as. mack 350 motor (thats the flash one haha) and mack 10 speed box. actually hooked up my old float this arvo and going to collect dozer tomorrow from where she been parked up for the last 12 months; got a bit of a fence job to do. i found another d6b with a blown motor down where i got silver bullet from. going to try buy it if its cheap enough but broke as usual and havent pushed the issue yet. mine has many many issues.

andrew520 is that an old poster?

got tangled up in a movie myself about 8 years ago. true story about a serial killer in these parts in the early 30s. "3 acts of murder" its called. im not so happy with the end result; they stuffed up a very interesting true story by adding some unneccesary characters who didnt exist. a good book called "murder on the rabbit proof fence" tells the true story. anyways was an interesting month or so. i supplied a t model ford for the movie and my mate a 23/24 hupmobile which was the villians car. i drove the hupp in a scene or 2 cause my mate had a broken arm at the time.

Did you get credited west?

that's the shot westaussie don't ask about old junk in a paddock till ya have the cash ready, in the mean time the farmers get the impression that it might be worth something.
I wont mind if you put a picture up of your ol d6:)

alberta mac, sorry to say but it was a deceased estate sale were I got her from, 92 is a good run in my book. they told me it wasn't that long ago that the old buzzard bulldogged the pet billy goat down over the rocks and through the scrub, ended up in bed for 3 days tuff old bugger.
heres a old picture of the ol fella with his bullock team

16391_145141875648757_1937490800_n.jpg

They don't make us like they used to.

Damm, those were the days...

Dead right ozcruiser, if I did that the cops would have me behind bars for a decent spell;)

anywhere you look on this machine just screams "a life of hard yards". an oldie but a goodie.

not much long pant hi vis crap on my sites catskinner!

and seems as good a time and place as any to introduce a couple of my work utes i reckon! they all unlic. and they work; no cruisy 'sunday arvo take an esky to the swimhole' life for these girls!

BULLFINCH - cutdown HJ47 troopy - paid 1500 for this one number of years ago. drove it home 600km unlic on backroads towing a trailer i also worked into the deal. gem; nice to drive has never missed a beat.

20150221_170250.JPG

OLD RON - HJ47 - paid 500 for this one (from 'old ron; now deceased) with blown motor. towstart to drive it home and i had a spare 2H.

20150221_171736.JPG

OLD YELLOW - HJ75 - paid 1000 for this 20 year ago from a mine that had started wrecking it. they had pulled alternator, radiator and indicator assembly. this old stalwart is work ute no1. it sees more daily hard miles than any tojo i know of. now more 47 than 75; runs old school liner 2H block and 4 speed. one of my favourites.

20150222_173452.JPG

balmy 40c plus here lately.

west only you would try to 40 up a 75.

cat if I could get my hands on a H55 for cheap, would you be interested?

5 speed once.
5 speed twice..

Pm sent cult
I have really neglected my old toyota the last few months i have really got to get this girl on the road.

Westaussie looks like the old b needs some new walking gear, would i be correct that your adding some blocks behind the idler yoke to extend your tracks a bit more then standard full extension. Also works as a cure for a blown track adjuster seal until the bits turn up in the post
Also see some pully brackets up on the west australian style scrub canopy for the tree pusher cable to hook to the ripper beam
I like "old ron" but she must have broken rear leaf springs sagging down like that, surly you west aussie wouldnt overload a landcruiser like that hahaha ;)

haha to all the above; and sorry about the hijack catskinner.

yea know you blokes love your 5 speeds but they just arent much of a box. they break. often. 4 speeds are just stronger for hard work; these old tojos dont see many highway miles. and im tired of finding 5 speeds at 'the right price'. average a box change a year but did 3 last year including a very boring 80 series into a hzj79 POS ive got. dont ever buy a 79. when box fails in my other 75 it is getting the 4 speed treatment too. would of failed by now only said ute is halfway through a longwinded tray swap! And 4 speeds are free...right?

as for liner blocks.. mad if you dont run them. they bolt up fine to a 75.

old ron does need springs but she is also loaded to the gunwales with steel in this pic. also needs to lose that weak pos bullbar when i get the chance to swap in something better. not only ugly but the posts are in front of the headlights! seriously.

the dozer is a nice old thing but had a hard life. well spotted on the blocks cat. yea ive done track adjuster seals on this old girl in the past but its worse than that now; the mount points for the spring the track adjusters work against are sheared off and the springs are toast. fixable with $$. so the blocks work as track adjusters with provision for add a metal shim now and again; takes half hr or so and you need a welder hence the old yellow pic. track adjustment day. and you prob wouldnt believe my pull the gearbox last year to weld up the housing crack story. interesting what you say cat about the tree pusher cable; i had always assumed this canopy was post fitted from an earlier cable machine but hadnt given it any real thought at all. sprockets and chains are ok but grousers way down; which suits me while i can get away with it because doesnt leave the mess that good tracks do. in the market for another set of worn grouser plates (within budget of course). im considering putting an offer on another d6B been sitting few years with a blown motor. tidier machine; put my (strong as) motor in is obvious result but im such a sentimental bastard i find that hard to do.

and blood sweat days; love them myself. so do the old tojos. they actively dislike sitting around museums and concrete suburban driveways; someone might complain about a drop of oil!

20150221_170349.JPG 20150221_170410.JPG 20150221_170423.JPG

Well this is how she sit as westaussie put it it's easy for a project to become a a handy storage shelf
image.jpg

cat - good to see you back.

yep that the look; know it very well. but...

kick that crap out of there, grab a few beers and turn a spanner. feels good once you get a head of steam up again. and you need this old ute to cart those bloody ag yammy's around!

Haha yeah westaussie I'm onto it.
Ive shovelled on some coal and she's full steam ahead! Well hopefully anyway

I do like the old agbikes I have a yellow ag200 a red ag100 and 3 Honda ct200 auto ag's.
I've been thinking of getting Suzuki tf125 there under 3grand brand new same design as they were 30 yrs ago I see that as a good thing
I would like a sheep farmers view. I'm a 2 stroke fan by the way

I see a 60 series PS uni there. Losing the armstrong unit?

Cult old buddy that's a universal off a tractor pto shaft that I reclaimed from a scrap bin to replace the one on me slasher

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom