Builds Cape Town Troop Carrier CTTC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have found this old photo on my camera of when the Troopy first came to live with us. On the left is my "old" car. The trusted Condor helped raise my children (and the rest of the hockey team!) for 10 years, but the proceeds of selling him is paying for the tent and the rest of the build.

View attachment 1322391

and just because I am sooooo inlove with my car, here is a very pretty pic that my son took of the Slow Cooker is his natural environment...

View attachment 1322392

Enjoy the WEEKEND!!!
Great photo. The build is looking good, I'm really interested to see your cabinet work in the Troopy.

I took a break from woodwork yesterday, and "installed" everything in the car, just to see if it will fit :eek: and it does, but only just! ;) Here is a pic of the mock-up

20160920_094134.jpg

So this morning I had to take everything out and start to glue and clamp away again.

Have a GREAT week!!!

I took a break from woodwork yesterday, and "installed" everything in the car, just to see if it will fit :eek: and it does, but only just! ;) Here is a pic of the mock-up

View attachment 1325078

So this morning I had to take everything out and start to glue and clamp away again.

Have a GREAT week!!!

It looks very good from here.We only got back today but I would love to come for an in person view ....

It looks very good from here.We only got back today but I would love to come for an in person view ....
Welcome home!

There is not too much to see yet, as I took everything apart again to be clamped and glued. We are home over the weekend, so you are most welcome - and bring pics of the holiday!!!

Nothing else to do while I wait for my Troopy, so went to Kruger Park to take pictures (hence new avatar!).
Spent a week being driven around in a LC :( but got lots of good sightings, including leopard on every day :) so I am happy!

Looks like mine will be available from 1st December :):):):):):):):):):):)

57 days, 18 hours, and 51 minutes .... but hey, who is counting :D

The build is really going much slower than I anticipated, but that is mainly because we're not home much :rolleyes: After fitting everything, I decided that I'll have to rebuild the "tall" cupboard to make it 5 cm narrower, otherwise Jan might not be able to put the seat back far enough when he is driving. My house have now been taken over by drawers and drawers and more drawers :meh: They all have to be sanded and painted...

invation 1.jpg
invation 2.jpg

The last cupboard has been glued and clamped, so there is light at the end of the tunnel :clap:

Have a blessed week!

And although it has nothing to do with my Troopy, cutting off it's roof inspired my husband to "build" himself a Prado bakkie. I believe it is called a pick-up in America and a ute in Australia. I think he did an amazing job!!! It is the cutest thing and it handles beautifully.

prado 1.jpg
prado 2.jpg
prado 3.jpg

Wicked!! I love it. Although in Canada it would fit in the back of a pick up. J

Cupboards looking good.

I know the feeling of never finding time to stay at home to finish these things.

We too a little breakaway this last weekend in what will probably be the last camping trip in the Audi/RTT combo. We are now down to 42 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes to delivery time!

PS dont know what I am doing as I cannot seem to get the image in the post itself (and i've tried all the help threads in vain :bang: so I just added it below.

Kam Bati_Fotor.jpg

Sorry, should have mentioned it was at a place called Kam Bati, just outside Swellendam. Maybe a good place for a Troopie gathering in the future!:idea:

W
Cupboards looking good.

I know the feeling of never finding time to stay at home to finish these things.

We too a little breakaway this last weekend in what will probably be the last camping trip in the Audi/RTT combo. We are now down to 42 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes to delivery time!

PS dont know what I am doing as I cannot seem to get the image in the post itself (and i've tried all the help threads in vain :bang: so I just added it below.

View attachment 1338926
why such a long wait for the troopy ?

I have bought one of the rental vehicles that only comes available on the 1st December - exactly 5 weeks today!

Good feeling to be talking weeks and no longer months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom