CampTeq 80 Series popup camper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the process of a small CampTeq remodel figured it was a good time to remove everything and clean out all the dust and dirt. What I found surprised me, after ~5000+ dirt miles there was not dust or dirt to speak of. Less dust inside the CampTeq after all those miles then after one weekend inside the cab, impressive!

Another useless find - Without the bed and bed frame installed I can/could get in through the sunroof.:meh:

IMG_9389.JPG

any update on the new awning and how it attaches to the campteq?

any update on the new awning and how it attaches to the campteq?

Attachment - Modified existing CampTeq clamps to get the tightest fit possible

IMG_9401.JPG

I needed an awning I could open and close solo quickly that could take some mild beating. I liked the Fiamma a lot but a little CampTeq contact with a tree recently helped make the ARB as a clear decision. Very happy with the ARB quality, fitment, size, and value.

Specs-
6.5' x 8.2'
~25 lbs
Tan in color
Legs are adjustable
Uses slotted rail for attachment

Sized worked well with the size of the CampTeq

IMG_9410.JPG

Some driveway testing:D

IMG_9403.JPG

Plans are to install some LED strip lighting (idea respectfully stolen from thx138) at the base with dimming capabilities :rainbow::princess:

IMG_9399.JPG
IMG_9396.JPG

All in all a great addition to my CampTeq set up

Looking good !!!!!!! Like the idea of having the beer in the photo shoot.

Latest CampTeq mod –LED lighting for the ARB awning

Turns out to be a great mod in terms of fit, performance, and cost.

Tape LED strip light fit perfect in the recessed area for arm storage.

Used wireless control with full dimming capabilities.

LED strip is super bright with a warm color @ 3100 kelvin. Not sure when I would ever need that much light but better too much then not enough. Uses 7.5 watts of power at full power.

Full power

IMG_9490.JPG

Dimmed

IMG_9497.JPG

Remote with full dimming capabilities

IMG_9520.JPG

Last edited:
Hi, can you please help me : I was wondering how many newtons are your pop top gas struts ?

Self opening seems to be easy but how about closing ?

With temp dropping to below 50° It was time to winterize my CampTeq for the season. I decided to take this opportunity to upgrade my sleeping set up.

First I layed down a thin layer of carpet over my slate suspension base so I did not need to worry about personal items falling between the slates and protect my new mattress.

My old mattress was a 'this will get me by' Costco tri fold 3" mattress. For the most part is was very nice but after 75 nights it was starting to loose its support being just foam. I took the opportunity to upgrade to an EXPED 7.5 3" mattress. EXPED make some of the best innovative outdoor product anywhere and there mattress are at the very top of the mattress chain. I tested it for several night on the floor and its over the top in comfort.

Next I though what better to complement my mattress then flannel sheets
thumb.gif
The problem is no one makes fitted flannel sheets for an EXPED 30"x80" mattress. So out comes the sewing machine for modding the fitted sheet.:eek: I have sewing skills but this was a project for the advanced. I did it and its not pretty but it works.

Fitted my heated pad to the mattress and Im ready for the cold Arizona winter.

IMG_0390.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG
IMG_0396.JPG
IMG_0389.JPG

Wonder if Eric will ever build one for the 100...

Yes I agree, and I'm not counting on it...I lost hope a year or so ago, but every time I see one of your updates I think about it..... :)

Yes I agree, and I'm not counting on it...I lost hope a year or so ago, but every time I see one of your updates I think about it..... :)

When I talked with him today I put another bug in his ear, now that I have a newer 100 series.:grinpimp:

Its ski season in Aspen so I dont expect anything for a while but I will readdress it in the spring.

how was your new bed? any warmer than the previous?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom