CampTeq 80 Series popup camper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This rare picture of the earliest version was just a little heavier ;)

Flip up side windows installed on drivers side with a light sensitive, motion detection, switched light.

IMG_0942.JPG
IMG_0945.JPG
IMG_0953.JPG
IMG_0998.JPG

My future plans for the window opening it to build and install a 6" deep removable shelving unit for camping and travel supplies I most frequent.

i think guys with tire carriers on the back bumper might want quicker day to day access for small and medium items :hmm:

I got a blood blister trying to open my swing-out tire carrier because mud had accumulated underneath the slider pad. :bang:

Is that Phil's HAM antennae holding up the side panel? Talk about a multi tool.

Seriously, what is the rod (looks like part of a graphite fishing rod)you are using and where do you store it? Do you have one for each side?

Looking at this before picture, it looks like you moved the top mount about 6 inches or so forward? Better access space for sure. You left the other side the original length?

IMG_5622.jpg

Looking at this before picture, it looks like you moved the top mount about 6 inches or so forward? Better access space for sure. You left the other side the original length?

View attachment 1030369

Good eye;)
Went to a 36" strut on the entrance side, moving the top mount ~10".
Other side remains 44" with a new 36" strut as back up.

Latest CampTeq upgrades
Gobi rear hatch ladder and back up LED <more info link

Gobi Ladder for quick access to get on top of the CampTeq

img_1328-jpg.1039600

img_1325-jpg.1039602

Rear back up 18W LED wired to existing backup circuit. Prior I did not a good visibility out the passengers mirror with window tint even using aftermarket 7W backup bulbs. Now visibility is great! I wish I would have done it long ago.

img_1341-jpg.1041483

img_1342-jpg.1041490

In backup mode you can see how much brighter the new LED is over the aftermarket replacement LED in the factory location. Its like having a headlight at the rear.:hillbilly:

img_1346-jpg.1041493

Nice, I just ordered a second rear light mount and light, also using 18watters. I have to be not lazy and still wire it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom