Camping with your 60/62 thread.... ready go: (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lovin the portable playpen! Brings back memories. And it reminds me... so getting off the trail to hike has always been part of it for us, and when the kids were little we had a couple of those Kelty Kid Carriers. We found they work great as a camping high chair. And the little buggers can't escape from those either ;)

Lo, these many years ago when we were pregnant with our first son, we were quite active in the Southern Nevada Landcruisers. We were thinking we'd not be doing a lot of wheeling for quite a while . Friends of ours in the club showed up at the next weekender with their month old. We were a bit aghast but after some conversations and consideration of life, humankind, history and pre-history decided this was a valid choice within certain limitations. He was wheelin' with us in his car seat at 3-4 months. He's in his 30s now and strong as an ox.

Thanks guys. True and good suggestions for getting back out there with the kids, it really is worth it when I see how much my older girl gets from it. Other than some day trips we didn't get out out a whole lot past couple of years for family camping trips with moving, new house, preggo, blah blah.

Anyhow, second night at a different lake, trail down to the water where I actually got to lock the hubs for a minute lol.

DSC_0033a.jpg

I guess while I'm at it here are a few more less recent but memorable 60 camping shots worth sharing, hope the file size works to attach them ...:cheers:

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg
DSC_0132.jpg
DSC_0136.jpg

Camping up in Lake Tahoe for the holiday. Has been our tradition since shortly after we started dating, so we figure this is at least our 12th or 13th year. Only a couple years where we did not get rained or snowed on but definitely the worst weather year as we got pretty much two steady days of rain then another two of rain off and on.

Only one pic with the LC in it.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432597095.726647.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432597116.591537.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432597128.893337.jpg

Here are a few from camping in the Mojave National Preserve, Hole in the Wall Campground.

DSCF0020.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0022.JPG

DSCF0062.JPG

DSCF0063.JPG

And a few more pics of the Mojave National Preserve, Hole in the Wall Canyon and petroglyphs.

DSCF0113.JPG

DSCF0023.JPG

DSCF0044.JPG

DSCF0046.JPG

DSCF0047.JPG

And more petroglyphs seen on the hike.

DSCF0049.JPG

DSCF0051.JPG

DSCF0052.JPG

DSCF0057.JPG

DSCF0122.JPG

Oops. Didn't see this thread before I posted in the "What did you do with your 60" thread just now.

Couple shots of my weekend camping trip.

Just stumbled across this thread :D Heres a few for starters from my 62, Bernice, in SoCal.

Nice!

Where is this in So Cal? I need a guide or list of good places to camp in So Cal and surrounding areas.
Want to take my family soon, but first trip has to be a relatively easy one, both on my new camping
rig, '90 FJ62, and also on the wife. I was thinking of looking for something around Anza Borrego?
Or, I hear Pisgah is pretty cool with the lava tubes (except my son already did it, once a year, with
his boy scout troop).

Sweet camping thread. I like it.

Only a few hours away from me.... Good thing you aren't there in August, might have run into all kinds of naked people running around in body paint and twirling glow sticks....

Only a few hours away from me.... Good thing you aren't there in August, might have run into all kinds of naked people running around in body paint and twirling glow sticks....
Uh, what dates should I show up?

This was fall 2012,before Lexy and the wagon got stolen. As the wagon rebuild is starting to wrap up, there should be some new fj60 camping pictures. The camper has all new spring hangers, new springs, real wheels and tires and a bunch of cool mods. I should post a camper build thread.
image.jpg

A couple weeks ago in the Southern Sierra for the trout season opener. Had 3- 6" of fresh snow at 8,000'. I set up camp at an abandoned USFS work camp I know. The old A frame works great when the weather turns nasty, as it did on this trip.

Just me and our 3 hounds had a great time with fair fishing for the natives.

P1100688.JPG
P1100705.JPG
P1100706.JPG
P1100718.JPG
P1100720.JPG

Thanks and no on the size, that;s about average in this area. This is a little spring fed steam that is not stocked and only has Kern River Rainbows. This is catch and release on a 1wt in little skinny waters. Just a nice place to get away for a few days and have some fun and challenge. These little buggers are skittish, but I go back a few times each year anyway.

Plus my 4 legged fishing partners love to swim in the waters I'm fishing, which does not help much. LOL

For California, this is pretty remote. I have only ran into people one time in almost 25 years of camping in this area. No one, correction few go back to this area. It's about 25 miles down a one way dirt road, and few fish there, but in the fall, I'm sure a few hunters visit the area. Oh and the occasional pot plantation....

P1100709.JPG
P1100715.JPG
P1100716.JPG

My favourite thread. Guaranteed to get you itchin' for the trail. My wanderings have been limited this year as the Cruiser still has Tas rego which doesn't work here in Germany! Some mementos from last summer in Tas. On the ferry to Bruny Island

GOPR1494_zpscyqqjweh.jpg

Pitched up at Cloudy Bay

DSC03284_zpsyn2cmcx2.jpg

Driving out ( Cloudy Bay earning its name)

DSC03440_zpsojatbcze.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom