Calling all Northern CA Bay Area 40's... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ginmtb

'74 FJ40 - my first!
Threads
Hey so a few of us 40 owners are going to get together on 5/1 at the Blackhawk Cars and Coffee event. Would love to have more 40's there. Yours doesn't need to be show worthy - mine certainly isn't.

Might be a @Racer65 sighting there, so if you want to order some stuff from him and avoid shipping costs this could be your opportunity. ;)

Event starts at 8am, gets pretty crowded we should plan on meeting around 7:15ish at the nearby Starbuck's, grab a coffee (or you can wait to get the free coffee from the Blackhawk Museum folks), and drive in together so we can park together. Bring a chair!

Blackhawk Plaza
3700 Blackhawk Plaza Cir, Danville, CA 94506

Hope to see you there!

Mike

cars-coffee-blackhawk2.jpg

Glad it was just him and didn't involved anyone else on the road. He must have turned off his traction control.

Glad it was just him and didn't involved anyone else on the road. He must have turned off his traction control.
Yes he got lucky no one was driving the other direction. Still amazing that happened. Not like he was going that fast.

So did you have any pics from the gathering?

:D:lol: My bad, i would look like like a bum with my 60 among the nice looking cars out there. I will be busy getting ready for Gold Rush in July.:meh:

Got it. Well my 40 certainly doesn't qualify as "nice" and likely will be the worst one there based on who I know will be attending. But it is literally down the street from my house and they are unique enough I think that it's substandard condition won't get me totally laughed off the lot. ;) Plus it will be cool hanging out with others and check out their 40's.

On a different note why don't you join us at Gold Rush this coming July? Lots of different folks and lots of fun,check out the last 2 years we had up there i think it's here somewhere or just search.

What are you worried about it's a LandCruiser, if you need any help getting it ready your welcome to swing by and we could take a look what it may need. The trail going to the campsite is not too bad my stock Hilux and 4runner made it. I'm in Pittsburg.

Post some pics,my LC is non operational going under the wrench in a few weeks.:hillbilly:

Lots of people chatted us up about the cruisers. Very nostalgic. Many had previously owned cruisers and now regret not having them. Plus talked to a guy who is an original owner of a 75. Hopefully he and more folks will attend the next one! Good times. :)

Looks like we'll be doing this again in August - August 7 is the first Sunday. Hope we can get a few more there! Start time is 8, but I'll get there at 7 to reserve some spots. Things fill up pretty fast so let me know if you are going to make it so I know how many spaces to reserve. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom