Buyer Beware - eBay sliding windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would just sell them here. Bad ebay sellers have a knack for stalling you until the time for a refund/and recourse has passed. Been there...never again. I would hate to see you out your $$ and your windows.

I would just sell them here. Bad ebay sellers have a knack for stalling you until the time for a refund/and recourse has passed. Been there...never again. I would hate to see you out your $$ and your windows.

I hear wisdom in the words you write. :)

I'm actually very tempted to try and restore them. The outer weatherstripping/seals seem to be fine and will probably clean up well. It's just the inner slider fletching that's pretty toast. There's got to be a universal replacement out there somewhere for the slider felt. I've found a couple folks in NL and AU who have successfully sourced replacement parts, but nothing in North America. Surely it shares common dimension with some RV sliding window or something?

I'm really ready to be done with this guy and feel like even dealing with him further will only draw out my aggravation.

This stuff seems like it may be a close fit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-W...Parts_Accessories&hash=item484930ec65&vxp=mtr

Maybe they are for the MWB (Medium Wheel Base) FJ43 and BJ43?

Rudi

Having been purusing a bunch of Cruiser pics from the Philippines lately I have to say that was my feeling as well.

A bit of searching 'mud and I find out that this guy was friggin' convicted of mail fraud in 2005 for yet another eBay scam! Great!

Hooray!
SiskoHTF.gif

Have you tried to call Dan or Beno with the part numbers for the felt? There are still a bunch of 43s out there. I was talking to Poser today about late model non-US doors with the bug catchers and the fact that the rubber might still be plentiful.

Looks like he pulled the other set off ebay today.

Or have him claim the glass was cracked when he opened the returned package leaving you without a refund and having to deal with the shipper.

I saw these sliders in a listing here on Craigslist a week or two ago. Thought for a second about making a run out his way to buy them, but remembered about the previous stories concerning the "Benton City" guy and didn't pursue it any further. I can only imagine that dealing with him in person would be a different animal all together. BTW, he still has an ad running for some other parts:

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/4224702729.html

It also looks like he ended the auction for the other set of sliders.

Best of luck in resolving this. Hopefully with eBay involved, and his previous exploits out in the light, it will persuade him to act in a timely fashion.

lefty b

I've decided to keep the windows as continuing to deal with this guy is sure to bring me more grief.

I will be trying to restore them just to keep myself occupied this winter and may either try to find a hardtop to fit them to or sell them.

Thanks for all the help guys!

your windows are original toyota for sure!!
i have exactly these windows in my 1981, bj44 (jdm).
i know they are also to be found in Australian/Japanese BJ42 and bj45 troopies from after 1980.

see mine in my blog:

http://bj44.wordpress.com/category/windows/

these windows are really rare and quite worth some money if complete and with good outside rubber.
that outside rubber cant be found anywhere, inside window felt can be replaced with good alternatives.

i guess they dont fit your truck because of slight change in window size in early and later (1979+) 40 series hardtops. you should be fine with a later series hardtop.

I bought a set of sliding hard top side windows on eBay last week but when I got them yesterday I was in for a big disappointment. They are pretty trashed and don't in my hard top frame.

Anyway, I posted this here not to air my dirty laundry but I actually have a technical question regarding these windows. These were advertised as SOR sliding windows but both pieces of glass have "TOYOTA" etched into them and this got me curious. I've done a couple searches for factory hard top sliding glass and don't come up with anything. I am positive these are not factory built as they have a lot of tell-tale signs of being aftermarket. But I'm confused by the fact that they have Toyota glass in them. I'd like to now what I've got in case I get no satisfaction from eBay, I will have to sell them.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

At any rate, they are about an inch and a half too big for my window frame and the seller refuses to accept a return so I'm filing a claim with eBay.

Just a word of warning, the guy is selling a second set and if anyone here is bidding on them, I'd urge you to think again. I don't want to see anyone else get burned. When I asked to return them he went into the common internet-tantrum mode of hurling insults and and going completely over the top.

Caveat Emptor, gentlemen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom