Brake Rotor Options ???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bluehawk

Appalachia Cruisers
Threads
So I'm getting ready to put my front axle back together in a few days. Went to the local autoparts store to order some brake rotors. They are having trouble finding any for an 84 Fj60. Are there any other options out there that would work?

Thanks,
Ryan

Been very happy with the premium Wagner rotors I've bought at NAPA. Wheel studs from NAPA as well.

Going to check the dealership on those. What about RockAuto?

I got mine through O'rileys. They shouldn't be that difficult to source. How's your build coming?

I installed StopTech rotors. A U.S. company, but probably produced in China. 126.44037S R and L. Seem good quality, about $70-$80 each as I recall. No report on actual performance as the motor swap isn't finished.
Seems like NAPA had Mountain as a pricey option, but it has been a year since this work happened, so I can't say for sure.

I got mine through O'rileys. They shouldn't be that difficult to source. How's your build coming?

The build is going slow. Need a larger welder to finish up the welding on the frame. As soon as that is done, the frame will go to powdercoat. Waiting on a guy to finish up installing the F/R air lockers. I hate having to depend on someone else. Hope it will go together fast. Got a lot of parts stored up

why not just buy OEM from Beno?
Just got a set a couple of months ago! Haven't installed yet!

T

Stop Tech Sport Rotor - Slotted,
Can be cryogenically treated for longer service life if requested for additional charge. For Land Cruiser FJ60.

Left Rotor:
126.44037CSL

Right Rotor:
126.44037CSR

Check out Brake Performance,i bought a set of dimpled and slotted rotors with premium pads and very happy with the outcome.
IMAG0336.jpg
IMAG0336.jpg IMAG0336.jpg

Original rotor. 28 years old. Was never turned on a lathe during it's life. Cruiser didn't stop very well when the rotor got like this.
1-old-rotor.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer the good 'ol OE rotor. How can u argue with 27 yrs for 60 bucks?

Order from BENO ... he will be your best price w/ shipping

I have DBA's, slotted and cross-drilled. They seem to work well.

OEM is a great choice for most parts..especially brake components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom