August Club Run - Monache Meadows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great trip, great people and wonderful weather. It was nice getting out again! Been way too long.
Glad you could make it, Brent. Hope to see you on another run. Keep the 80! ;)

Had an awesome time Joe, first time going out with the club and being in Monache and both exceeded my expectations. Look forward to the next ones.

Thanks!
Glad you could make it, and that you enjoyed the trip! Look forward to seeing you at the next run or club meeting.

Sounds like you guys had a good time!

If you have photos that I can place on the club website then add them to this Google Photo album and I will transfer them: Monache Meadows run

Thanks!
Hi Chris - Our Club Photographer (that's you, BTW!) wasn't able to make this trip! I have a few iPhone photos I can get to you (see our club Instagram), and I'll check with Robin & Danny. I think new member Brandon Kawaguchi's brother Ryan may have some photos to share, as well. I'll reach out to Brandon.

If anyone else has some photos to share, will you please get them to Chris?

Thanks!
Joe

I was on GAIA maps and saw that the castle fire is pretty close to Monache meadows, and looks like the only access is from the 395 and Kennedy meadows. Anyone out there last weekend? Is it bad air quality?

I was on GAIA maps and saw that the castle fire is pretty close to Monache meadows, and looks like the only access is from the 395 and Kennedy meadows. Anyone out there last weekend? Is it bad air quality?
I just posted about that on the SoCal80's page.

I was just up there this past holiday weekend, an hour or two north of Monache at Coyote Flats and Funnel Lake and yes the smoke was VERY bad Monday leaving. The sky was a dark brown, you could not see the sun at all and ashe everywhere. The air smells of smoke and you almost choke on it if you breathe it in long enough. The smoke started rolling over the mountains early sunday morning and eclipsed the sky by end of sunday. I would NOT recommend going up there any time soon. Stay safe out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom