August 2023 Club Run - Monache Meadows, August 10-13 (+/_) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can be at the Costco Lancaster by about 10:30, and the Mojave Stater Bros. parking lot by about 11:00 AM. I think the Monacos are planning to link up with me at one of those places. You’re welcome to join us, if that works for you.

Marc Mason (Costa Mesa) & Dat (Pasadena) are planning to leave Friday, if that works better for you.
Im planning to leave early Friday shooting for midday in the Meadows. Are you guys caravanning Friday morning?

Im planning to leave early Friday shooting for midday in the Meadows. Are you guys caravanning Friday morning?
Marc and I are planning to meet up around 12:30 in Pearsonville approximately 3 miles south of the Nine Mile Road Exit for the Meadows. I plan to fill up at the Shell gas station and grab lunch at Subway Sandwich. Let me know if that matches your timing, and we can link up.

according to gaia (trail forks layer), there are numerous trails just to the south and west of our proposed base camp locations. mostly blue level with one/two green ones (beginners). i'll post a screen shot hopefully later today.
I saw that! Have them marked in Gaia! Lets Ride!

Marc and I are planning to meet up around 12:30 in Pearsonville approximately 3 miles south of the Nine Mile Road Exit for the Meadows. I plan to fill up at the Shell gas station and grab lunch at Subway Sandwich. Let me know if that matches your timing, and we can link up.
Yeah, The should work! Planning on leaving earlyish Friday mornijng. Ill shoot for that timing.

Hey everybody - As far as I know, here are our participants for this run, along with departure days:

Joe - Thursday
menancyandsam (Carlos C) - Thursday
Live to Ski (David S) - Thursday
Bushwick51 (John & Sandy) - Thursday
Mitch & Lori - Thursday
AchillesY - Thursday
Rockys60 (Ron) - Thursday
oc cruiser 97 (Marc) - Friday
Tyranny2k (Carlos P) - Friday
Ttoner80 (Dat) - Friday
Brentbba (Brent, son & DIL) - Friday
chriscosta416 - Saturday?
818Toyotafan (?)

For the Thursday group:
As far as I know, this is the Thursday morning departure group. If anyone else decides to leave earlier on Thursday, please LMK. Here's my anticipated schedule for tomorrow, barring any unforeseen delays, of course:

Stater Bros. Mojave -11:00 AM, quick lunch leave at 11:30 AM

KM General Store - 1:00 PM

Blackrock Visitor Information Center/Fire Station - 2:00 PM

If you are planning to meet up in one of those locations, would you please let me know? I don't want to miss anyone who's running just a bit behind, but I don't want to wait for someone who's not going to be arriving. Through a group text I'll keep everyone posted if I encounter any delays. Will you please do the same?

For the Friday group - I think you've all coordinated your schedules & meeting places. If you haven't already done so, may I suggest one of you start a group text to ensure good communication, account for any delays, etc...?

Last edited:
Hey everybody - As far as I know, here are our participants for this run, along with departure days:

Joe - Thursday
menancyandsam (Carlos C) - Thursday
Live to Ski (David S) - Thursday
Bushwick51 (John & Sandy) - Thursday
Mitch & Lori - Thursday
AchillesY - Thursday
Rockys60 (Ron) - Thursday
oc cruiser 97 (Marc) - Friday
Tyranny2k (Carlos P) - Friday
Ttoner80 (Dat) - Friday
Brentbba (Brent, son & DIL) - Friday
chriscosta416 - Saturday?
818Toyotafan (?)

For the Thursday group:
As far as I know, this is the Thursday morning departure group. If anyone else decides to leave earlier on Thursday, please LMK. Here's my anticipated schedule for tomorrow, barring any unforeseen delays, of course:

Stater Bros. Mojave -11:00 AM, quick lunch leave at 11:30 AM

KM General Store - 1:00 PM

Blackrock Visitor Information Center/Fire Station - 2:00 PM

If you are planning to meet up in one of those locations, would you please let me know? I don't want to miss anyone who's running just a bit behind, but I don't want to wait for someone who's not going to be arriving. Through a group text I'll keep everyone posted if I encounter any delays. Will you please do the same?

For the Friday group - I think you've all coordinated your schedules & meeting places. If you haven't already done so, may I suggest one of you start a group text to ensure good communication, account for any delays, etc...?
Hi Joe
Meet you at KM General store @ 1pm.
See ya

thinking about meeting the Friday group in Pearsonville.

still trying to figure out the water crossing(s) considering i am stock, 33" tires and no water mods.
No worries. If you can’t cross I’ll camp with you on this side of the river. Usually the river will recede at night if you still want to cross. I’ll go first you can pull me back if sh!t happens. Otherwise I’ll pull you through. The trick is not to stay in the water too long.

No worries. If you can’t cross I’ll camp with you on this side of the river. Usually the river will recede at night if you still want to cross. I’ll go first you can pull me back if sh!t happens. Otherwise I’ll pull you through. The trick is not to stay in the water too long.
Also if I can’t cross Joe leading the Thursday group probably can’t either since he and I are set up pretty similarly on 35s and no snorkel or other water device. In that case we will be camping on this side of the river. Joe will let me know where we camp and I’ll post it here.

Also if I can’t cross Joe leading the Thursday group probably can’t either since he and I are set up pretty similarly on 35s and no snorkel or other water device. In that case we will be camping on this side of the river. Joe will let me know where we camp and I’ll post it here.
Hey Dat, small chance I might be able to make this trip and if I am able to make it I would be meeting up with you guys in Pearsonville. Just sent you a DM with my mobile# if you could reply with your mobile and/or advise where the club contact sheet is (I'm sure Joe sent it to me already, but not able to locate it). Thanks.

Hey Dat, small chance I might be able to make this trip and if I am able to make it I would be meeting up with you guys in Pearsonville. Just sent you a DM with my mobile# if you could reply with your mobile and/or advise where the club contact sheet is (I'm sure Joe sent it to me already, but not able to locate it). Thanks.
Just responded to your DM. Joe handles the contact sheet but he is on the road today and won’t have internet connectivity until he come back to town.

I’m relaying two messages from Joe. He is reporting adequate space for everyone at coordinates 36.23853, -118.18733. Water crossing was “easy, 18-20” deep”. See you all tomorrow.

Message 1:
(river to the right) until Bakeoven fork, then right to River Campsites. Cross river and go left. 36.23853, -118.18733 inreachlink.com/P3Q6P4J (36.2385, -118.1873) - Joseph Roy

Message 2:
Arrived safely, have adequate River Campsites for all. River crossing was easy, 18-20" deep. At river, follow trail keeping left inreachlink.com/AXM54KB (36.2385, -118.1874) - Joseph Roy

concerned about axle pumpkins as no snorkels (lines for top vent). will do a quick measurement of rear in a bit (assume front has same vent height).

not sure how long in 20" water will affect.

what is everyone else's thinking on this.

Joe and the group made it. If we keep moving, I think we’ll be fine. I have no water mods so I will try and look for a shallow line before crossing

Air intake on the 80's is up at the air filter. You'd need to submerge your hood to cause problems. You'll be fine. Snorkels are just a cool conversation piece.

Did some quick "poking & hoping". Seems factory wading is 27+". so should be good to go.

I plan on leaving in 8a+. as I may arrive very early (depending on traffic) to pearsonville, I may give ttoner80 (dat) a call to indicate I'm heading up to KM where I will wait w. a cold one in hand :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom