1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention All Dirtballs out there...Please Read!

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by - S.A. -, Jul 22, 2003.

1. - S.A. -

- S.A. -

The headliner of my rig is REALLY nasty..oily finger prints, PO's Kid's hand prints, unknown weird stains, etc. Has anyone tried to clean the headliner?? if so..what did you use and how did you do it? I tried one of those foam carpet cleaner cans with the attached scrub brush..it just "fuzzed" up the liner..so i stopped.

later..
    -Joe M.-

...go [glow=red,2,300]red sox[/glow]

2. Mr.Bryan

Mr.Bryan

I havent tried anything in the LC, but I used to detail cars and I've used a very diluted solution of laundry detergent and a damp sponge. Rub it in and then vacuum it out with a shop vac. That worked really well in a conversion van I did. Just try it for color fastness first.

-Bryan

3. Seminole

Seminole

;) SA - believe it or not I used those Armor All cleaner wipes for most of the stains on my headliner (that gray color) and a little gojo (the hand cleaner). looks like new.
    HTH

4. uzj100

uzj100

KIWI makes a product in a black can specifically for headliners and works. You spray it on, it is a white foam, let it sit for a few seconds and wipe it off. The foam will turn the color of the stain as it lifts it out. I have never tried it on grease but dirt, coffee, rust stains, food, etc - it just lifts it out. I was really skeptical at first but works like a champ.

5. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

Brake Kleen works well for grease spots in seats. I have heard the chemical is very close to dry cleaning fluid.
    I need something to get Junk's momma's footprints off my headliner. :D

6. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Supporting Vendor Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    Gumby,

Don't waste yer time sir, I doubt there is a solvent on the planet that will cut that......... :eek:

7. yooper

yooper SILVER Star

Media:
    I use a product called Tuff Stuff, got it at WalMart, works great. Spray it on and gently wipe.

8. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

This is a PITA, but it works and you can gain points with the wife. Get a carpet cleaner with an upholstery attachment. Getting the cleaner into the truck is a pain, as is working upside down, but it works well. Just sprays warm water with cleaner and sucks it right back out. Only downside was the truck was humid for a day, just had to leave the windows down. Also worked for the mats and carpet.

Then, while you're at it and have the cleaner, clean the carpets in the house for brownie points with the wife.