Arizona Cardinals Talk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heard the news via Dan & Vince today. BA sounded emotional, I know it resonates thru us fans.:(

What really hurts the game was already won at that point and the interception was only a stat and didn't effect the outcome of game. It's a hard at what point do you rest your key players.

Four years ago the packers were the top seed in the NFC and rested Arron Rodgers for the final game against the Lions. After the by week Rodgers looked rusty and they lost in the first round. That year was the perfect storm. Just before the playoffs offensive coach Joe Philbin's son fell thru ice crossing a river and drown. Matt Flynn had a great game against the Lions in the final game. That brought a lot interest in him and since his contract ended he signed with Seattle who ended up playing Wilson instead. Philbin went to Miami as head coach, which I can't blame him after the death of his son in Green Bay. To me the packers haven't looked the same since. Since that time the Cards have just been getting better. Since the ugly split of Packers and Farve then Michael Bidwell taking the reins I've finally become a Cards fan. Really not looking forward to going to the game Sunday. My grandson who I'm taking will be wearing a Clay Mathews Jersey. Still not sure what I'll wear, maybe a packer shirt from the nineties and Cardinal's cap.:rolleyes:

Leave the Packer stuff at home it smells:p like cheese anyway...

Phoenix has a number of sports teams as well as plenty of other interesting things to do. Back in the fifties/sixties when I live there Green Bay had only one thing the packers. That is unless you counted the smelly paper mills along the Fox River. Guessing the paper mill smell has gotten better but still only the Packers. There is also something special able the only major sports team that is really owned by the people and by not some rich owner. In the early seventies I worked at the smelly recycle paper mill in Flagstaff. Just something about my birth place I can't completely kick.:meh:

I like it, simple to decorate;

Spruce BA.jpg

What really hurts the game was already won at that point and the interception was only a stat and didn't effect the outcome of game. It's a hard at what point do you rest your key players.

Four years ago the packers were the top seed in the NFC and rested Arron Rodgers for the final game against the Lions. After the by week Rodgers looked rusty and they lost in the first round. That year was the perfect storm. Just before the playoffs offensive coach Joe Philbin's son fell thru ice crossing a river and drown. Matt Flynn had a great game against the Lions in the final game. That brought a lot interest in him and since his contract ended he signed with Seattle who ended up playing Wilson instead. Philbin went to Miami as head coach, which I can't blame him after the death of his son in Green Bay. To me the packers haven't looked the same since. Since that time the Cards have just been getting better. Since the ugly split of Packers and Farve then Michael Bidwell taking the reins I've finally become a Cards fan. Really not looking forward to going to the game Sunday. My grandson who I'm taking will be wearing a Clay Mathews Jersey. Still not sure what I'll wear, maybe a packer shirt from the nineties and Cardinal's cap.:rolleyes:

You sir are a TRAITOR! :moon: OMG, how can ANYONE be a FORMER Packer fan/change allegiances or have a new favorite team! No way you were a true, green and gold blooded fan. For some background, I have been a Packer fan since before birth. My old man had me genetically tested in the womb to verify. I do recall one discussion we had when I was very young I had a VERY short discussion about being a packers fan when we lived in Chicago, it went something like this;

(Me) Dad, I kind of like the Bears instead of the Packers, that Butkus is mean and tough!
(Father) Son, I don't know if you know this but you once had a brother, he wanted to be a Bears fan, that is why you are here now...

I hate to say this but, the Pack has a very slim chance. This team clearly misses Nelson more than most would have, or could have predicted. Just shows how under rated a player he is. The offense is out of sync and unless the Packer defense has a great day, I don't see them scoring enough points to keep up. The Cards have a great team (oh that hurt...)

I'll be wearing my 'lucky' Browns hat tomorrow. Every time I put it on, they loose (which is a given), but the Cards win.
Funny images from the Cleveland fan base;
Browns fan.jpg
browns 1.jpg
browns 2.jpg
browns 4.jpg
browns 3.jpg

:bounce::bounce2::bounce:

Creamed cheese.

And the seahags and kittens lost.

Just wow, peaking at right time while many other playoff teams struggled today....

Chip Kelly got fired from the Eagles. No suprise there.

some interesting bowl games, baylor lost their top two qb's, running back and top reciever yet still won their bowl game behind 645 rushing yards

Yes thats 645 yards rushing alone against NC!

North Carolina vs Baylor - FBS Football

Bama seems to have their number tonight. Clemson did well to keep their #1 ranking.

Make some noise from us today! Should be a good game.

Tailgating friend the Seattle Seachicken!

0103161114.jpg
0103161113.jpg

Thinking positive....
All I have to say is this could be a good thing, better now than when it counts.:meh:

And CHIEFS win! 22 years since a playoff win. Now my dream/nightmare of a chiefs/cards SB is actually possible.

And CHIEFS win! 22 years since a playoff win. Now my dream/nightmare of a chiefs/cards SB is actually possible.

and after starting 1-5 and now with Dalton out. Pretty impressive!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom