April 16-18 '10 Mining claim run. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2ndGenToyotaFan

Threads
Website
www.jeffersonstatecruisers.com
Location: 1 1/2 hours S/SW of Yreka, CA. It's a beautiful drive the whole way.

Mandatory wheeling: About 100 yards of cantaloupe to basketball sized rocks with a water crossing at the end. Water depth will depend on weather.

Bone stock trucks may need a strap in the sluice box, but there's almost no chance of body damage. If the water is so high that you want to bow out of the crossing, we're only 1/4 mile from camp at that point and can shuttle people and gear across.

Once on the mining claim I want to try and clear out some room to make a run through a respectable rock garden, which may require some chainsaw action. There's mild to brushy to moderate+ wheeling, and maybe some hardcore depending on how the rock garden looks.

Here's some info from last year: https://forum.ih8mud.com/ca-jefferson-state-cruisers/243024-mining-claim-run-3.html

Sounds fun. Marked in my calendar.

Also "flipped" our events sticky. '10 at the top now, links to the threads and added this one as well as Josh's fish'n one. :D

Wow. Talk about planning ahead.

I tend to barely have my life planned a week in advance. :lol:

I'd definitely like to go this time.

The kids and I had a great time last year. We'll try to make it this year. I even get to use my chainsaw!?:grinpimp:

Well, maybe if we get this going now we'll have more than 3 trucks! :D Plus a 2 night trip will allow for some real wheeling to get taken care of.

Some more specifics: From Yreka we'll travel south west through Ft. Jones and Etna. At Etna we'll head up over a near 6000 ft pass. The road is steep and curvy, so make sure your brakes are in good shape. If SOMEONE is going to tow his 55 down, we can park your tow vehicle either in Etna (if you doubt the tow vehicles brakes and trust the 55's) or on the other side of the mountain. I have friends on both sides.

The nearest pay phone is ironically only about 1/2 miles from the claim... The nearest cell service is either at the top of the mountain (20 minutes away) or halfway down the other side depending on your phone and service. The nearest gas is in Etna about 35-45 minutes away from the claim. There are no bathrooms or outhouses at the claim... It's primitive, however if you have a :princess: that wants to sit on something... there is a concrete outhouse 1/2 mile away at a campground with the phone.

This mining claim is where I grew up. It's a very special place to me, and as such there is an area that is off limits to wheeling, and sadly for you there are some neat rocks there. But it was my front yard, so please respect that. There is however, no lack of wheeling, so you won't miss it! :cheers:

I recommend you extend your differential breathers before we hit the water, if they are not already. Just in case the water is deepish. Hopefully the spring flood will have settled down by mid April, but you never know! :D

Last edited:
As long as I'm not poor by then and haven't started a job that won't give me the time off I'm soo there!!!! :grinpimp:

Is it still too early to be excited about this? :D

excited yes :)
too early to get real excited yes :)

Think this will be the first time I will have been able to wheel at all in months.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this, not sure we can do an overnight with the little one, but we can try ;)

Of course we are still in :D And SK said she wants to come too :grinpimp: Worse case she may have to still work Friday so either we may come Saturday or she may just come meet us on Friday...

Can I go??

Can I go too Jerod??!! Long time since I have been up around Callahan, Cecilville and Etna.

Wasn't there a dirt road going over the ridge from I5 to 3?

Old mining claims are great!

Can I, Can I.

the red stocker.

Hey Jerod.

Count me in, my son would like to come along to partake in the fun.
We don,t have any overnight gear so we will plan on staying in town.
I hate to put the top on but it would probably be a lot more comfortable.
Looking forward to another great trail ride.

Al & Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom