Anyone seen an Air Intake like this. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is how the intake was when i bought my truck, not sure whether i should leave it like this or change it, i suppose it is a little higher than the stock breathing point. It would suck through the vents above the firewall near the wipers. Maybe something to do with a pressure point in front of the windscreen.

Any thoughts.
IMG_0995.jpg

It would suck through the vents above the firewall near the wipers. Maybe something to do with a pressure point in front of the windscreen.

Any thoughts.

Are you sure its not drawing air from inside the cabin? Ive seen it done this way before,as the last place to get drenched should be inside the vehicle.
Those vents in front of the windscreen are the 1st things to get flooded when water comes over the bonnet

Drawing air from inside the cabin? that must be loud. Where does this flex pipe connect on the filter housing? Because i can see clearly in the picture the filter housing inlet coming from the inside of the fender.

looks to me like a dual air flow system, you can see the one at the front rhd side of the box and what seems to be one to the cabin area ...
is there a flip inside the air box to close one or the other off?

The normal feed into the guard is blanked off with a cup and a piece of vinyl and a hose clamp, it only draws from the base of the windscreen, definitely not from the cabin. Good point about the flooding over the bonnet. I was a bit concerned just with the heavy rain we get in townsville! By the looks to only have roughly 6 mm of free board above the rest of the chamber in there.

Just looking at my pic again I'm pretty sure that it's blanked off with a measuring cup!

Haha I see it too now that's gold. Its funny finding stuff like this on ur new rig that the PO has done , I've found alot of things on mine that u just shake ur head at, what the he'll were they thinking lol.

Drawing air from inside the cabin? that must be loud .

Couple of guys on the UK forum do it this way with no side effects. I would rather have a snorkle than go cutting holes in a firewall

Weird to see a tape completely in mm and I'm from the Queen's second home. My Dad have a 74 FJ40 that he put a 327 in and used to race in the foothills of Alberta. He ran his air intake into the glove box to keep water out during those deep water crossings.

Yeah awesome all metric tapes freely available in Australia! Makes it easy to use both sides, can't stand the ones with imperial on the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom