Another one joins the group! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I actually had two "hot" leads coming off of the converter, one to the memory of the headunit and one to the relay. Then from the relay I went to the 12 volt fuse block. That way the entire fuse block was switching off with the ignition via the relay. Even though my converter is always on the only drain it sees with the ignition off is the memory to the headunit.

Also, I seem to remember receiving the wrong wire harness for the radio. Maybe the imports are a little different? I ended up hard wiring the dang thing in.:bang:

So do you have 3 wires coming off of the relay? To the cigarette lighter, stereo and fuse block. I'll probably do that too then. For some reason I thought you could "overload" the relay if you have the stereo, cig lighter and any accessories running off it. The relay I have is a 30 amp so It makes sense that it can handle it.

I'm going to try to run to a stereo shop and see if I can't get a harness from them. I really don't want to cut into the factory wires but if a have to I will

So after a few days and a couple car audio stores I finally found a wire harness that worked for the hj61...2 out of 3 stores said I would have to hard wire directly into the truck because they didn't make harnesses for that year so don't take their word for it. It was about 20$ USD with a hand full of crimp connector, so not too bad. I'm sure I could I have found in cheaper online but didn't want to wait. Well here it is :)

20160109_160449.jpg

Because of work, I slllooowly made progress on the stereo over the past week. Anyway, I'll just post pictures. If anyone has questions go ahead and ask. I took Mr. Tibbs advise and ended up wiring so that the fuseblock and cig lighter shut off when the ignition is off.

Here's my 24v constant source: (10g red wire)
20160109_160004.jpg

Where I went tg h rough the firewall.
20160109_160324.jpg

The converter is just sitting under the seat for now.
20160109_160530.jpg

I decided to locate the fuseblock and USB in the glove box for easy access.
20160109_160429.jpg

I'm mostly done with the install, I just have to clean up the wires a little more.

Very clean interior, I'm not sure I've ever seen a 60 that still had the stickers on the dash!

Thanks Tibbs. Everything went pretty smoothly but about a week ago I finally decided to use the cigarette lighter to charge my phone but for whatever reason it won't charge so I still need to look into that :doh:. I'll be taking the dash again sometime soon to put in a reverse camera so I'll try to fix the issue then.

On a side not. Here's the new project!
1) patching the rust holes in the cargo area
2) rust proofing
3) sound deadening
4) new foam over the sound dealing
5) clean and reinstall carpet
20160121_174517.jpg
20160121_174510.jpg

20160121_174451.jpg

Do these have a separate pouch/reservoir in the back for the rear window wiper sprayer?

Thanks Tibbs. Everything went pretty smoothly but about a week ago I finally decided to use the cigarette lighter to charge my phone but for whatever reason it won't charge so I still need to look into that :doh:. I'll be taking the dash again sometime soon to put in a reverse camera so I'll try to fix the issue then.
Mine did the same thing. Turned out that the inside of the cig lighter was a little corroded and needed to be cleaned.

Do these have a separate pouch/reservoir in the back for the rear window wiper sprayer?
Yes, they do have the separate pouch for the rear wiper sprayer.

Does anyone know if there is a certain method to removing the fender flares? I just learned earlier today just how brittle they are while removing the mud flaps! :mad:

20160124_161130.jpg

I need to know how to remove it from this point
20160124_162619.jpg

Here's the back side...
20160124_162350.jpg

Those two little rivets seem to be holding the bracket that the fender flare is also riveted to on the front side.

It's like that on both sides, looks factory to me. I did remove the 3 bolts and the fender flare will partially come off but it is still stuck on what looks to be a bracket....

Drill that rivet on the end out (carefully). there is a M8 thread behind it.
mine was like that too, I used a stainless allen head bolt, job done.

Great! Thanks for the help. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom