What's the value of a 2H motor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yotadude520

Mini-Truck Enthusiast
Threads
Recently bought an FJ60 and he also threw in a 2H diesel that he was planning to swap into it. It came out of a Toyota forklift and has about 1800 hours on it.

I have no use for it and am wondering what it's worth so I can kick it down the road.

Please move if not the right sub.

Thanks!

IMG_2766.jpg

There are currently at least nine for sale in the diesel classifieds ranging from $2500 to $4500 (with transmission), all of which were pulled from Landcruisers.

In the Aussie classifieds you typically see them anywhere from $500 AUD to $2000 AUD.

IMO the 2H is not a particularly desirable engine for most people. It is relatively underpowered, people have mixed experiences with adding a turbo, and the newest 2H engine is (I think) over 30 years old. Parts availability is somewhat limited.

Despite saying all of that, as the owner of a 2H-powered HJ47 I’d probably grab one if it were reasonably cheap and here in Southern California where local pickup were possible. Reasonably cheap in my mind would probably be between $500 and $750.

I love them, but would only buy it cheap like $300aud, locally. But has been a while since I have seen them for that price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom