An 80 in Russia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star
Threads
Last edited:
Nice...so, do you think the 80 made it out without getting stuck?

wow look at the last picture :eek:

wow that is some crazy sh**t

Funny how the leadership in Russia touts there greatness and run their mouth all of the time.....and yet they don't even bother with infrastructure improvements. We are truly blessed here in the USA.

Anyway that was one sweet 80, especially to see in rural Russia.

Holy cow; rough stuff.

In picture #21, what are those three cars doing in the hole?

Those Crazy Ruskis!!! "To get out that mud the transfer case must be Putan low gear" Sorry, couldn't resist.

Where I've actually visited was estonia along the northwest corner of russia. It actually is russia for all intensive purposes. The town where my wife is from is on the russian border. (Narva) It's a very strange place.

The highways there are terrible. They actually fill potholes on the highway with logs. The roads were originally designed for military movement around the country. They simply asphalt over the crappy roads without fixing the underlying problem. The extreme cold doesn't help

I've never seen an 80 , I've only seen what I believe was a 70 series but slighly longer than the one's I've seen here in the states.

The wrenches look like they came from a Model T's tool box. The Vodka is outstanding. The people are extremely nice. But:

I'm yet to meet someone from there with even a minimum level of common sense. It's hard to describe, but every time I see something totaly screwy going on in photo's I'm not suprised. What were you thinking is par for the course.

The people have been brainwashed over the years so much that the Russian way is the way it should be done, and there are no other ways of doing things drives me nuts. I feel like Einstein when I help them fix things over there. You wouldn't believe how much of a hit a fricken ratcheing tie down is, vs old, rotten natural fiber rope.

MTV Russia shows as a Joke the gov't propaganda films on during their broadcasts sometimes. The funniest one I saw was the UFO that the Russian sub found right under the noses of the American's off the coast of Hawaii. It had cheesy special effects, the UFO taking off was actually footage of lava flow under the water.

To pass the car in front of you, one simply whips out into the oncoming lane even if a car is coming. The oncoming traffic is expected to take the shoulder. It's scary.

I'd have a full size chevy lifted on 44 boggers if I lived there. I love america, bad economy here is still better than good economy in Russia...

IH8MUD!!!!

I'd have a full size chevy lifted on 44 boggers if I lived there. I love america, bad economy here is still better than good economy in Russia...

Amen, bad times here are far better than anywhere else

The 80 series just looks like an overland traveler (not local) to me. Yes, they have terrible highways but the main reason for that is the brutal freeze-and-thaw cycle that just washes roads away. And poor design and maintenance, of course.

wow that is crazy! I guess I will think twice before complaining about the pot holes on I-25!

My buddy says that chaos like the pictures show, is not a rare thing. They have to go through that crap almost every time it rains. crappy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom