ABS and VSC warning lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today while driving back from work after taking a quick U turn( nothing crazy ) my ABS and VSC lights came on together. They stayed on for 5 min than went off.
What could be the problem ?
Has this issue been common on FJ cruisers ?

Jay

Mine did it 4 or 5 times the first year I owned it. Everything worked fine so I just ignored it. Has never done it again in the last 5 years.

Mine were on for several days or even a week. I cleaned the air filter (K&N), changed the oil (because it was due) and filled up the tank making sure the gas cap was on tight. After a few days, no more lights. 2007 model, it had never happened before.
-Greg

Mine is doing that too. I have a crank position sensor code error with it when the lights illuminated. From my research it can be sludge in the oil that blocks the sensor. I just put a can of sea foam in with the oil to try to clean it out. Still not resolved yet.

I have had the dash light up like a Christmas tree on my 07 TRD a few times. Toyota has now replaced both exhaust manifolds 2 times and has no idea what could be causing an issue. I spoke with some engineer for a bit, and he was swearing up and down that my intake and All-Pro high-clearance exhaust were the causes and he wanted to test the vehicle with factory parts.

I was livid. Granted, I had the dash light up in 2 months time after the first manifold replacement. I told him the intake was the FACTORY TRD one and that a high-clearance tailpipe will not affect the manifolds and failing cats. After a little back and forth he finally got it. Toyota has said they will replace the manifolds as often as needed with no questions. In short, they have no idea what is causing my cats to fail.

I had the Christmas tree dash last year - off and on - I removed my wheel speed sensors and cleaned them - reinstalled them - no further issues.

I would recommend it for anyone having ABS or Traction control lights popping up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom