A decade in the making. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hard to tell but the rotor is almost completely smoothed out and not even a cm of metal left thickness wise.

The outside pad just fell off at some point.

This is on order now:

F0A5E94C-743C-46A7-A4F3-6F33B2785910.png

Hard to tell but the rotor is almost completely smoothed out and not even a cm of metal left thickness wise.

The outside pad just fell off at some point.

This is on order now:

View attachment 3483710
Just read from the beginning as my nighttime read lol. Nice job keeping it alive. I've done many a late night working on the cruiser to make sure I'm not taking away time to spend with my wife. She'll hang in the driveway too sometimes in the day which I really appreciate. Also in VA.

Just read from the beginning as my nighttime read lol. Nice job keeping it alive. I've done many a late night working on the cruiser to make sure I'm not taking away time to spend with my wife. She'll hang in the driveway too sometimes in the day which I really appreciate. Also in VA.
My wife spent the night fending off the horde of children we have so I could get as much done as possible.

It's a work in progress, basically driving my project car at this point. Hoping to get something in the next few months that is a little newer in better shape since 95% of the driving I do in this is either alone or with 3 or less kids.

My wife spent the night fending off the horde of children we have so I could get as much done as possible.

It's a work in progress, basically driving my project car at this point. Hoping to get something in the next few months that is a little newer in better shape since 95% of the driving I do in this is either alone or with 3 or less kids.
Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully all the work done on it will help it be a good sell. Currently ripping into mine trying to fix a pesky knock sensor CEL

Got the rotor off. Parking brake shoes look like this, but I’m hesitant take it all apart.
Biggest issue is I can’t get the calliper piston to go back in to set it in place. Tried using my massIve C clamp that I use and it didn’t budge.
Aside from buying a new caliper, any suggestions?

1802A915-CB1F-4416-A6B5-D9FA2D5E69F8.jpeg

6706718F-EE80-4C72-BF89-450C4119C326.jpeg

4A1FE18C-6491-406F-A8ED-18799C0D31B2.jpeg

9622F75E-B623-44A2-927E-F0F53B7DF42E.jpeg

Month later and the cruiser is still on jackstands. Need a second vehicle desperately so I am pushing to get this done.
I bought a new rubber brake hose to go on, but cannot get the clip mount thing to come off to remove the old line and install the new one. Any tips?

Got the rotor off. Parking brake shoes look like this, but I’m hesitant take it all apart.
Biggest issue is I can’t get the calliper piston to go back in to set it in place. Tried using my massIve C clamp that I use and it didn’t budge.
Aside from buying a new caliper, any suggestions?

View attachment 3491987

View attachment 3491988

View attachment 3491989

View attachment 3491990
You can try an inexpensive alternative in compressing the caliper piston using this tool from O’Reillys: Caliper Tool
But before you do that have you tried to relieve brake line pressure from the bleed valve?

Month later and the cruiser is still on jackstands. Need a second vehicle desperately so I am pushing to get this done.
I bought a new rubber brake hose to go on, but cannot get the clip mount thing to come off to remove the old line and install the new one. Any tips?
Is it because of the rust that the clip have binded to the other part? If so you can cut that using a grinder cutting disk or any cutting tool of some sort and replace with a new one.

You can try an inexpensive alternative in compressing the caliper piston using this tool from O’Reillys: Caliper Tool
But before you do that have you tried to relieve brake line pressure from the bleed valve?

Is it because of the rust that the clip have binded to the other part? If so you can cut that using a grinder cutting disk or any cutting tool of some sort and replace with a new one.
Yes it looks like the clip is rusted into the piece on the metal backing plate. How would I mount the new one if I cut the mount off?
I’ll snap a pic when I get home

Yes it looks like the clip is rusted into the piece on the metal backing plate. How would I mount the new one if I cut the mount off?
I’ll snap a pic when I get home
Don’t cut the stationary part, just the removable clip. You may need a more precise cutting tool like a rotary hand tool (Dremel or a different brand) you can get cheap at Harbor Freight. Once off, clean the rusted surface with steel brush either by hand or using a rotary tool again to make it easier and apply epoxy primer/paint to mitigate rust.

Don’t cut the stationary part, just the removable clip. You may need a more precise cutting tool like a rotary hand tool (Dremel or a different brand) you can get cheap at Harbor Freight. Once off, clean the rusted surface with steel brush either by hand or using a rotary tool again to make it easier and apply epoxy primer/paint to mitigate rust.
Oh good call. I think we have a dremel somewhere, will try it stay tuned

Correct. The oem looks like this
IMG_3079.jpeg

And of course the caliper mounting bolts don’t thread into the new bracket. I don’t want to use the old bracket beside then I’d have to mess with the slide pins…so we’ll see what I can find. Have to source a clip too, and by Saturday because I really need this vehicle back on the road

Progress.

Shoved it all back together and got the line bled. Pumped ABS pump about 100+ times, it beeped a few times but brakes have worked for the past 100 or so miles I put on it.

Still squeaking and chirping from that wheel though 🙄

635C5E47-1F65-4E82-A984-D24DEF12A354.jpeg

E96F4342-E523-4A34-BC44-949A748E5C27.jpeg

0B1A1B8B-C1A5-45D1-BE97-578632DF3D43.jpeg

ED7C584B-698A-405B-9CEB-627C33F1334C.jpeg

After driving 200 miles, the following has happened:

-the brake light flicked on and off, reseviiir was down to maybe 1/4-1/2 full, but brakes still had pressure and pedal hasn’t been soft.

I went to back into a parking spot Today after driving 50 miles or so with no issues what so ever, and the cruiser just stalled out. Put it into P and it turned back over and I was able to back up.

No battery light on or anything, no sputtering or CEL. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom