a/c repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey fellas,
so heres the deal. i was going through my ac lines to figure out why it no go, and found that the metal line that enters the firewall is broken about four inches into the cab. it is completely severed. so the question is how hard is it to access the other end of the line? is this a complete dash removal like the heater or can i take apart some under dash stuff and get access.

From what i remeber of the FSM (I have it at home...at work right now)
it is not a 'complete' dash removal....like getting to heater core....

I just had my whole dash apart for heater core replacement. You won't have to dig quite as deep. You might get away with just removing the glove box and the fan. Be prepared to find a surprising amount of crud in there. Between the cooling unit and fan mine had about a pound of dirt and pine needles! Fan works soooo much better now!

I can't remember if those tubes through the firewall were one piece with the evaporator or not. You might need a new one.

Butt

thanks for the posts guys i forgot to mention this is on the 88 fj62..not sure if that makes a difference

Would you be able to post a picture of the ac compressor bracket? I know it's probably buried, but I want to install ac my 62 and I'm starting from scratch. Also, is there a separate belt that drives the comp. or is it shared with another accessory i.e. power steering pump.
Thanks,
GG

Thanks Butt, does that mean you require a different (additional) pulley on the crank? I have a/c that I'm going to pilfer off my BJ60 ('85), not good news about the compressor, the BJ's is only a couple of years old, might be time to do a little fabrication. Does the compressor live under the power steering pump?
GG

On the 60's the compressor is under the alternator. Three-groove pulley on the crank. Smog pump lives under the power steering pump. I'll let those who know better than me chime in.... hopefully someone can give you better advice about fabbing something in to fit your existing unit.

Good luck!
:cheers:
Butt

Sorry jessewmcgregor for the hijack, I'll start a new thread.
GG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom