Registry 80 Series Registry (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello, My name is Joshua from Norther VA. I'm a 36 year old fireman with an awesome wife and 3 kids (3rd due next month). I come from a "Toyota Family" and have salivated over 80's for a long time and finally pulled the trigger on this one. I posted when I first joined up but not in the registry yet. Thanks everybody!

I plan on doing a slow build thread soon but the plans (in order) are as follows:
-Gutter Towers and 3/4 Rack, (looking at different options right now, all the usual suspects on mud)
-OME 2.5 (unsure about heavy vs medium still. I live close to IPOR. They are awesome and recommend Heavy/Heavy, but I don't know how much building I'm gonna do yet. Couldn't live with stinkbug either. Probably the hardest decision.)

Big thanks to everyone on the forum here and all the site staff. Shout out to IPOR as well. They did some stuff on my old 85 Yota pickup years ago. I love my rig and love this forum!

View attachment 1134369

Another White 80 in the Fred area ... Not sure how I feel about this! :hmm: hahaha

If you are going to add on front, rear sliders and a rack, I would do go with a heavy/heavy definitely. It WILL settle, and you will be thankful later. I personally went with TJM 4 progressive springs and ICON shocks. Lance, Jack and Blue should be able to help you out with that stuff. I ordered through them but did the install myself, but they would be able to do it all as you know.

Anyway, nice rig!! Maybe I will see you around!

Okidoki - I'll play

1. 1994 FZJ
2. Name of owner: James
3. Name of truck: Biscuit
4. 176k Miles
5. Mods:
Current:
6" iron man lift kit
2" metal tech front spring spacers
King shocks
40x14.5x18 bfg km2 mud terrains
Viper front rally bumper with stinger
12000lb badlands winch
TJM front and rear sway bars
Trailgear rock sliders
5:29 nitro gears
Aussie locker
In process:
4x4labs double swing out rear bumper
Nitro chromoly axles front and rear
T76 turbo
W2A intercooler
Emanage Ultimate ECU
WRX 440cc injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Innovate SCG-1 wideband/boost control
Stereo/sub/cb
Future:
Roof rack with RTT
6. How the truck is used:
Right now, it's not. It's been at the tuner for 3 weeks. But I'm wheeling it.

11225441_10154236215803047_5694369877648869716_n.jpg

1. 1991 FJ80 Dark Gray, 1994 FJ80 White, 1996 FJ80 Oyster Pearl
2. Mike Serpe
3. No Names
4. 88k, 126k, and 108k
5. Stock, Stock with BFG 33's, Stock with Custom Front Bumper, Rear Hitch, 33" Dura Tracs
6. Ski Trips, Farm Work, Ranch Maintenance, Exploring and Camping
7. Pics! :)

IMG_3077.JPG

I had a 96 lx450 fall into my lap. Friend needed to rehome it fast and I was in the right place at the right time. " I think"
There are no mods but I have a massive folder full of all work ever done to it ever.
It has the original exhaust witch is in need of replacing. While making a temp fix I found that the cats have been cut out.
I want to put a 2"-3" lift on it
I have been looking for a new intake to clean up the engin bay and let it breath better. As well as a full exhaust.
wast thinking of a programmer too.
If anyone knows where the beast or go to place for these parts the info would be great.
I'm I'm Michigan and my name is
Dave

I used to lurk here a bit when I was in my FJC, but now I'm here full on with a 96 LC. I just picked her up yesterday and could not be more happy. In fact, before the FJC I was in a Rubicon and dreaming of an 80, then traded for a FJC and still dreamed of an 80. A few years later and here I am. She is bone stock for now, but that will change one I get any issues worked out of her. I don't see many LC's at all here in Corpus Christi though, everyone seems to want a 4 door JK built for the Hammers... So if there are any Cruiser guys please drop me a line. :) CHEERS

I have been looking for a new intake to clean up the engin bay and let it breath better. As well as a full exhaust.
wast thinking of a programmer too.

Dave

The stock intake with a proper Toyota air filter is going to be very efficient. There is no "programmer" for Toyota vehicles short of using a standalone or piggyback computer $$$$. Live with what you have.

The stock intake with a proper Toyota air filter is going to be very efficient. There is no "programmer" for Toyota vehicles short of using a standalone or piggyback computer $$$$. Live with what you have.
By stand alone do you mean the ones that plug into the Odb port? That is what I am thinking of getting. Something I can ajust for what I'm doing. I.e. Daily driving,off-roading.

No, I mean an aftermarket replacement computer like a Halteck or a piggyback like a Unichip.. You need to do some reading. I'm not talking about what you find for a Ford, Chevy or Dodge for $400+ that modifies the factory programming via the ODB2 port. That does not exist for any Toyota.

No, I mean an aftermarket replacement computer like a Halteck or a piggyback like a Unichip.. You need to do some reading. I'm not talking about what you find for a Ford, Chevy or Dodge for $400+ that modifies the factory programming via the ODB2 port. That does not exist for any Toyota.
Gotch. That is why I'm asking here. When I do a google search they come up as an option. Glad I didn't order anything yet. Lol

1993 FZJ80R [5 speed manual], Pacemaker headers, 2.5" King Brown SS exhaust, Dual fuel, 115l LPG & 95l Petrol, Airod LPG System, Maxxis 751 Bravos, Alloy frt bar, 2x100w driving lights, Hayman Reese tow bar, UHF cb, Alpine 1 din head unit, 395K km total, 80k km on engine.
Recently bought for AU$6000, shows no signs of serious off-road use, runs like a dream, only aging components will need renewing, no bad habits. Everything that should work does, Brutus is a keeper.
Within 10 days of owning Brutus we added the exhaust, d/lights and renewed some LPG components then we [2 adults, three juveniles] went from North of Sydney to Adelaide and return towing a 1 ton gross trailer.
We covered three thousand odd Km in 4 driving days at top legal speeds in comfort and the 80 never even noticed the load it was pulling. LOL
No drastic mods are planned, it is my dd, but there's a lot of little tweeks I've already seen here that we'll add.
I browsed here a lot before we re-entered the 4x4 scene and now we have one again joining was 'must do'.
Thanks to all who contribute to such a great resource.
Cheers,
Mac
DSCN3065_a.JPG
DSCN3066_a.JPG
Titan2.JPG
DSCN3021_a.JPG

175,000 miles
Factory lockers and center diff lock
Bought her bone stock about 5 moths ago needing some work........lots of work
ARB bull bar, OME 3" lift, TRD beadlocks, Grabber AT2 315/57/16 and a ton of stuff I've forgot about.
Next, custom sliders and rear bar with dual swing-outs

The day I bought it

Lift and tires finished up today.

1. Year and model: 1992 1hzj80 Diesel Engine
2. Name of owner: Greg Rodriguez
3. Name of rig: Bindi
4. Mileage: 200,000
5. Mods...if any:
*2" lift TJM Equiped,
*35"x10R15 Antares,
*Proline4x4 Front Rally bumper,
*Proline4x4 Roof Rack,
*Power Leds Lights,
*XRC 8000,
*Snorkel and bird house top,
*LC tire carrier,
*CB...
6. How the truck is used: Dayli use and Weekend exploring truck.

7. Photo. again...small to save space
80 greg.jpg

Hi everyone! My name is Sam and I'm an engineer for tier 1 supplier to Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, H-D, etc. I'm excited to have just purchased my first Land Cruiser for what I think is a great deal! Bone stock 94 FZJ80 with 116k from SoCal for...$3100. Literally ZERO rust. Not a speck! It does need some catch-up maintenance since the oil pan arch leaks as well as the front a rear main seals. Next up is cleaning out the FILTHY interior and lastly going through the front axle to replace leaky seals. Very excited to add some big and 4wd to add to ever-growing stable of street cars :).

1. 1994 FZJ, factory lockers
2. Trevor
3. Cruiser or truck
4. 278k
5. Mystery lift springs with iron man struts, head gasket was replaced by previous owner, other than that it's stock
6. Currently the weekend toy/ tow truck for the 240sx. After some PM and tires it will be time to do some exploring!
vVdxTID.jpg

After 10 years I've finally replaced my cruiser. I regretted selling my 99 the moment it pulled out of the drivewayear. But I finally have another beautiful girl sitting in my driveway. Glad to be back in the ih8mud world.

1. Year and model: 92 FJ80
2. Name of owner: Matt Christopher
3. Name of rig: she hasn't had her name day yet
4. Mileage: 259,000
5. Mods...if any: not many, pretty stock so far. Roof rack and swinging rear bumper.
6. How the truck is used: daily driver, minimal offroad

20151031_154806.jpg

20151031_154750.jpg

1. 1994 FZJ80
2. Sara (The Wife)
3. Everest
4. 211k
5. 35x12.5R17 Cooper STT's on 2010 FJ Cruiser Wheels, Double Din Pioneer Video Receiver. Soon Custom 5 inch lift, Bumpers and Gears.
6. Daily Driver and Family Wheeler

Last edited:
In 2008, I wanted to buy a 1995-1997 LC but saw this one and loved it from the first test drive.

1. Year and model: 1994 FZJ80
2. Name of owner: Barry
3. Name of rig: Da Boat
4. Mileage: 251,000
5. Mods: Stock except for CDL, 285s, Cupholders, Woodkit, Painted valve cover, Hybrid Synergy Drive badge :)
6. How the truck is used: Family vehicle for ski trips, etc.
20131223_151827.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom