Where Has Your 80 Taken You?: 80 Series Camping/Overland/Adventure Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Amazing pictures in this page!

Went snow camping to a hot spring outside of Pemberton, BC a few weeks back.

1B1647B1-46C2-44E8-82B6-7E1D355D62B9.jpg

We struggled pretty good in some of the sections

1F509471-6C1C-4C18-8E2B-E7ED17449ADC.jpg

88FE386D-D76B-4C1D-8CFC-985D7C2BA3FC.jpg

Eventually got to camp

4d470d1b-8e93-4e34-b19d-606e112b83e8.jpg

I have the factory camping kit so we just slept in the back

IMG_6477.jpg

Was pretty cozy haha.

Sorry if that's too many pics.
Skookumchuck? I was just there this past weekend, roughly a year later. What a difference this winter was eh?

Can you tell me about that bike rack you're using?

It's a Northshore NSR-4. It holds the bikes by the fork crown. It's very easy to fit 4 bikes of varying sizes and wheel sizes without them rubbing. Doesn't work with road bikes due to the narrower fork crowns though.

Took a trip last weekend. My tepui RTT and awning kept me nice and dry during the crazy ass rain and hail storm!

A couple guys from AZ Copper State Cruisers headed for Sheeps bridge at 4:30 and made good time arriving with plenty of time to set up in daylight. Still stopped to take a picture of one of the best specimens of a crested Saguaro around. Still there and looking healthy!

sbcrested-jpg.1052987

picture of the bridge ( taken the next afternoon), We camped in the clump of trees straight across from the big rock outcropping.

sbbridge-jpg.1052993

Once at the Verde river we needed to cross. I went first, LCPhil got on the bridge to see the line and guided me with directions through my open sunroof and had me avoid a large rock in the path. After we both crossed we found the one great camping spot there was open (in a canopy of trees so plenty of shade).

sblcp1-jpg.1053002
sblcp2-jpg.1053003

later that night we saw some headlights come up and heard voices of a group of guys and girls. we could see by the headlights and the outline of the truck it was a 60 series landcruiser. We walked over to the exit point to greet them on the other side in case it was someone we might know or at least chat with. without lockers the truck got stuck at the exit point. after a couple of tries, we told him to get out of the water as much as he could and we would retrieve our 80 to pull them out. By the time we got back he had kept trying which meant he lost ground and was sitting in deep water. everyone got out and walked to the shore at this point. We hooked them up to my truck and pulled them out.

They opened the doors and water came gushing out for several minutes. I heard Phil yell out to them "don't let the fish out!" :hillbilly:. They were 3 local guys and 2 gals from Australia and were a very fun and good natured group. we talked for quite some time. The driver just got done fabbing his own rear bumper and also just purchased a 40 series that he planned on getting running.

sbpull-jpg.1053010

The girls, being from Australia knew something about 'Cruisers. The driver told me afterwards that when he saw the back of my Landcruiser club shirt when he got stuck that he knew he "was going to be ok and these guys will help". Cruiser Karma :cool:

We left them alone so they could continue their plans to go visit the hot springs fed custom built hot tub. they giggled and laughed for some time and ended up driving away using the back road out instead of crossing again. (The hot tub pictured below)

0315151443_resized.jpg

In the morning, I walked to the rapids with my cup of coffee and soon saw what looked like a snake whipping around in the water. I could see it was something moving under its own power and soon realized it was a river Otter that was playing like a little kid tossing, turning, and splashing all the time I was watching. It was his long tail I was seeing flipping about. It soon spotted me and swam a little closer where I took a bad cell pic of him. He stayed in the area and we both some him on and off later. What a character this guy was.

sbotter-jpg.1053017

Came back into camp where we spent the day relaxing, hiking, and meeting people. We had to pull out a stuck Tacoma later and got a 6 pack in gratitiude :beer:

sbam2-jpg.1053019
sbwall-jpg.1053020

As we thought it got pretty busy from about Noon to 4pm - we were glad we had somewhere shady for our camp spot.

sbcamp-jpg.1053028

Nice..!! I have one more weekend of work and then weekends for the entire spring are open....can't wait to get out there with the dogs.

The girls, being from Australia knew something about 'Cruisers. The driver told me afterwards that when he saw the back of my Landcruiser club shirt when he got stuck that he knew he "was going to be ok and these guys will help". Cruiser Karma :cool:

We left them alone so they could continue their plans to go visit the hot springs fed custom built hot tub. they giggled and laughed for some time and ended up driving away using the back road out instead of crossing again. (The hot tub pictured below)

View attachment 1053714

In the morning, I walked to the rapids with my cup of coffee and soon saw what looked like a snake whipping around in the water. I could see it was something moving under its own power and soon realized it was a river Otter that was playing like a little kid tossing, turning, and splashing all the time I was watching. It was his long tail I was seeing flipping about. It soon spotted me and swam a little closer where I took a bad cell pic of him. He stayed in the area and we both some him on and off later. What a character this guy was.

sbotter-jpg.1053017

Came back into camp where we spent the day relaxing, hiking, and meeting people. We had to pull out a stuck Tacoma later and got a 6 pack in gratitiude :beer:

sbam2-jpg.1053019
sbwall-jpg.1053020

As we thought it got pretty busy from about Noon to 4pm - we were glad we had somewhere shady for our camp spot.

sbcamp-jpg.1053028

Australian chicks with wet shorts, secluded hot springs, beers, and you get a pic of a cactus? Gotta work on that game Murf!

Australian chicks with wet shorts, secluded hot springs, beers, and you get a pic of a cactus? Gotta work on that game Murf!

no doubt Willis :hillbilly:, I didnt mention what one of them said when we were talking about Aussie lockers and I said "Aussie lockers are the best bang for the buck".
It was classic :lol:

View attachment 1053714

sbcamp-jpg.1053028
Nice pic of the flood debris right there.

And :mad: for no nekkid Aussie chick shots.

A picture from the 1930's : camping with the SUV. Of course back then you coud pull right up to a stream, river, or lake. Not so easy any more.

qopiyluedguzy1cupuyc.jpg

no doubt Willis :hillbilly:, I didnt mention what one of them said when we were talking about Aussie lockers and I said "Aussie lockers are the best bang for the buck".
It was classic :lol:

So, what did one of them say? Don't leave us hanging.

" you got that damn right"

You had to be there. They were all 20-something and the way she said it in her Aussie accent, flipped her hair and laughed, well, was just :banana:

;)

" you got that damn right"

You had to be there. They were all 20-something and the way she said it in her Aussie accent, flipped her hair and laughed, well, was just :banana:

;)

I was wowed by the Aussie girls also but not for any of the above;)

I was wowed by the Aussie girls also but not for any of the above;)

I know, the visual makes all the difference. It sucks without pictures - bad picture taker (me) :slap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom