Where Has Your 80 Taken You?: 80 Series Camping/Overland/Adventure Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Escaped the city and its 110°+ temp to 7800' and cool rainy temps.

IMG_9298.JPG

Then we drove out to the Black Mesa in Oklahoma, which apparently has one of the darkest night skies in the US, but when we were there the moon was nearly full. It kind of looks like Africa or Australia.
Big Bend Ranch State Park is pretty nice without the moon. It's like being in a planetarium. No light pollution.

Not only are the rigs on here beautiful, owners also display very picturesque nature shots of their campsites :bounce:

Going camping with the 80 in mid-October, can't wait! Will post pics, if I return.

I agree, just some cooler temps would be great. Florida is too hot this time of year.

^ locale?

...via IH8MUD app

Thought the terrain looked kinda familiar. I grew up a little farther down the Rim in Pinetop.

...via IH8MUD app

What's with the tarp over the back in both your rainy weather pics?
The tarp is my ghetto rain fly. I like the small rear window open for ventilation. Also the window uses velcro (no zipper) to close and does not do a great job on sealing from blowing rain.

Exactly. I worry about you Phil. Yer gonna get caught in one of those, that setup on top of your truck will act like a sail, and you'll wake up in New Mexico ; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom