Builds 78 Mustard Yellow FJ40 #Tiger40 (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Started tackling the brake system and ran into my first issue. The hardline from the union on top of the axle to the passenger side brake hose was crushed. This is the bend closest to the ubolt right where the flare fitting is.

Luckily I had spare brake line and the correct flare tool to make a replacement line. After that I prepped them for a light coat of black steelit. Hopefully I can get more done next time!

IMG_0269.jpeg

IMG_0281.jpeg

IMG_0280.jpeg

IMG_0268.jpeg

IMG_0283.jpeg

I got quite a bit done today. Prepped and coated the front half of the frame with black steelit. Blasted off the rust inside the front bumper and hit it with rust reformer. Last thing was getting the tie rods back on. I just hand tightened the nuts, but I’ll be back at it tomorrow…

IMG_0879.jpeg

IMG_0876.jpeg

IMG_0882.jpeg

IMG_0883.jpeg

Nice work! You used to be able to get factory re-manufactured units from Toyota, not sure if that is still possible.

Nice work! You used to be able to get factory re-manufactured units from Toyota, not sure if that is still possible.
Thank you! I couldn't find any but the rebuild process was pretty easy to tackle on my own. I'm still unsure if I will get new rear wheel cylinders or try and rebuild them. It just depends on how the bores look when I tear it all apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom