4th Annual 100s in the Hills - Ouray, Colorado: August 1-3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No, I will be driving the car while in CA.

Anyone else think this is taking a bit too long? I want to go AND went ahead scheduled vacation for it, but some of us can't put other things of from here til then while waiting to register and possibly risk not even being able to attend due to entrant limit.. I mean it's barely the end of April. August is a LONG way off to wait much longer.. Don't mean to come across like a roody poo whiner but geez... I mean it's going to take a matter of minutes to fill up. If I'm out fishing(which takes up a whole day and sometimes two), I risk coming home and finding out it's full :(.. Then our summer plans are going to have to be all changed around.. CRAP! lol :D

Oh I underdstand and it's appreciated. And if I can't attend this year then I'll try again next year. But this thread was put up quite some time ago. All I'm saying is that some of us (or at least me) are scheduling vacation and putting off making other summer plans since the thread was put up in hopes of being able to attend. I don't see why just not let us who want to attend and are willing to pay our fee and scheduling vacation for it that far ahead can't just sign up. I think the web page will be awesome no doubt. But for the amount of entrants that are going to be allowed that were previously mentioned, is it an absolute must? And @ntsaint there's no need to defend anyone I'm not meaning any disrespect to anyone just an observation that I have made and I'm sure others have too.. Someone mentioned previously on the thread that the number would decline the closer we got to the date, but is that really that surprising? I'm close to rescheduling just because I have my family asking about what we'll be doing this summer and just not wanting to put other things off due to not being able to register in time with so much time passing by and school ending drawing closer. Someone else had the same concern while going on their Spring Break trip previously on this thread. I have to say that kinda sucks.. Anyway rant will end just voicing a concern I'm sure I'm not the only one has... Cheers :)

Wow, just started to think about this trip and see it's gotten crazy. I made the first 2 years, but missed last year because we moved from CO to WA. I think there were 7 trucks the first year and now you're talking about limiting the number to 30 something. Hope I'm one of the lucky ones to get registered. Fingers crossed.

All I can say is........

Cacawwwwwwwwww

If you have not yet stumbled upon our shiny new website stop by and take a look. @bluecruiser did the design work with email and domain support by @shane4x4. Tireless review and other input was given by directors @paflytyer and @MtnAddict. I'm extremely happy with how things have tuned out and even more happy to be a part of such a great group of individuals.

You will notice that registration is scheduled to open soon. We will post the date on the website, here and on our Facebook page. Help us out by liking and following all three. We know this is going to be the best HIH yet!

http://www.100sinthehills.com/

http://www.facebook.com/LandCruiser100s

10277902_562125763903710_3386511959100815282_n.jpg

Last edited:
Site looks good! Was checking it out last night but scrolling up and down the background was getting messy behind the text. In case you don't know already.
That was with IMac running snow leopard by the way!

As for the event, a lot of excitement! Am I correct to think you guys will be posting the password here when registration opens up?
Also, 35 trucks + you 4 or 35 includes you guys as well?

Thanks for the info about the site. Some browsers are working better than others at the moment. Chrome is working the best. We are ironing out the details. In the meantime, THIS LINK should work great for all users for the time being. Thanks for your patience, input and support!

Last edited:
I wanted to take a moment to hopefully quell some concerns. A few people have posted here, messaged us and emailed us about the length of time it's taken to get a registration up. Let me assure you that registration will be up soon. We will announce the registration date and time at least a week in advance on all of our social outlets giving everyone plenty of time to ensure they can be at a computer or have some one at a computer to register for them. 2-3 months prior to an event date is a pretty standard registration window. Regardless of when registration is, it will always be "too early" or "too late" for some people.

With regards to the number of trucks. 35 is a limit imposed partially by the land managers because we are having this event in a primitive camping area with no facilities and limited space. We have strict limits on the number of vehicles and total people that can attend the organized event. 35 is also the sweet spot in all of the directors minds because it keeps the event somewhat intimate. Most people from previous years know the names of every driver.

If you are looking for a large event that takes place in a more "civilized" venue we recommend checking out our sister event, www.fjsummit.org. It caps at 300+ vehicles and also fills up very quickly. Registration opened and closed a few weeks ago. Many people come to our event specifically because they are not interested in attending a "mega-event" and prefer camping and socializing with a small group of people. For that reason, I strongly feel we have set the perfect size limit.

I assure you, the website is not the hold up. Obtaining final confirmation from the Forest Service and BLM, a process that has been slowed by continued budget cuts and the sequester is the reason for this slight delay. We created the website to act as a repository for previous years photos, an FAQ, a place to show off our great sponsors and lastly, a place to register. We feel that it was a value added feature even though we are a smaller event.

Lastly, the trails in Ouray are open to the public and anyone can be out there at any time. Take that for what it is. As part of 100s in the Hills however, you will receive professional trail guidance by people who are intimate with the area, swag like shirts and stickers, food and drink and restroom facilities, kids activities etc.

Last edited:
Should be a lot of fun. Hoping we get in....also used it as a good excuse to go ahead and buy my sliders :)

Ouray, Red Mountain, and surrounding area are premier Colorado areas

Jonathan, great update and post! You, Stan, Josh and Chris have a lot of responsiblity and care, pouring into this event. I appreciate your updates and hope everyone else will as well! I know, it's not easy to please everyone, but your last post should provide some greater insights for everyone!

^^ + 2! Thank you guys for all the effort and hard work. And of course if there is anything that we/I can help let us know. Should be a lot of fun!

Last edited:
Thanks for the information Jon, much appreciated!

@jonharis Thanks for the update as the new info is very helpful. The new site looks great too.. Just a thought but find a way to include the 3rd HIH video as it's one of the 100s afficionados' favorites :D. I'm sure it would only help at getting more interest on the Hundy.. I showed it to a cousin( drives a lifted H3) of mine and he did't realize these "luxo" machines (as he likes to call them) were that off road capable..

My almost 200,000 mile truck wants to go!

Oh, and my chocolate lab definitely wants to go.

@jonharis Just a thought but find a way to include the 3rd HIH video as it's one of the 100s afficionados' favorites :D. I'm sure it would only help at getting more interest on the Hundy.. I showed it to a cousin( drives a lifted H3) of mine and he did't realize these "luxo" machines (as he likes to call them) were that off road capable..
Edit. The video along with several photos are in our Gallery.

Last edited:
I wanted to give you all another heads up. Payment will be via PayPal. We are working hard with our valued sponsors to help keep your costs down as much as possible. The cost of the event will be less than $100 for drivers and less than $25 for passengers. Details will come when we announce registration. Again, these fees cover our FS/BLM permits, portapoties, shirts, art design, stickers, miscellaneous items and other goodies.

@jonharis I just went to check and its asking for a password.. can you help me out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom