40 series general tech and classifieds (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn nice 40 tooling down Poplar today
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Got my front seats rebuild over the weekend. Took both seats down to the metal frames, sandblasted all parts, POR15 the metal and started reassembling it the next day. The high strength 3M-90 spray adhesive is some great stuff to restore the foam.
Used some tricks I had learned from the upholstery I had done on my wife's 69 beetle. I had purchased a seat bottom from SOR and decided I was not going to use that as I did not like the quality of that foam. So I ended up reusing all my old foam and covered that with a layer of thcik felt to give it more volume and strength.

I think they turned out quite nice. If anyone needs some detailed shots as to how the headrest guides are attached inside the backrest, I can post some of those.View attachment 939521 View attachment 939522

I would like to see how you refreshed the stock foam. I'm hoping to give the interior some attention later on in winter or spring.

Last edited:
No 12HT...is alot bigger and better. I had a 1KZ-TE.

The diesel you had in the 4runner had some pep and kept pulling. I liked it. Now if the 12ht is betta.. Hmmm

Looking for a stock set of 40 springs,Thanks

One more question about the FJ40 windshields. Are they not tempered and double glass with plastic sandwiched in between?
So how can you cut one of these in a day and have it installed the same day? Anyone could clarify that for me?
Thanks

One more question about the FJ40 windshields. Are they not tempered and double glass with plastic sandwiched in between?
So how can you cut one of these in a day and have it installed the same day? Anyone could clarify that for me?
Thanks

Tape template to glass, place glass with template on table, clamp straight edge to glass and table, use glass cutter and score glass, flip it over and do the same thing, apply force so glass breaks on score mark, use lighter fluid or some other flammable liquid and pour on crack, light fluid and pull apart laminate. Install in vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom