2L TE engine oil coming out of air intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having the engine in my Land Cruiser replaced with a used 2L TE diesel from a Toyota 4 Runner. Old oil was drained and new oil added, they started the engine to get it to heat up so they could flush the oil only to have the oil come out of the air intake. Any suggestions on what would cause this?

The engine was shipped on its side. When they emptied the oil it was thick. I have 7 days of the 30 warrenty left and we have not been able to get it started.

oil catch can possibly... Have you looked one up. I recently asked the question for my truck.

Run it up a little longer.

Make sure that you're not just seeing blow by coming out of the breather from the valve cover from the engine being on its side.

I hope your 2LTE grief ends soon and you can enjoy your LJ78.

~John

Was at the mechanic yesterday the oil was coming from the Turbo. The Turbo is oil driven and seams to be leaking. He will be taking the Turbo from the old engine and using it.

It is common for the inside of the intake ducting to be oily. That oil comes from the breather from the engine, and not generally from the turbo - don't worry about small amounts of oil coating the intake ducting.

Turbos are not oil driven, they are driven by the pressure of exiting exhaust gases only. Pressurized oil is supplied to lubricate the bearings in the turbo and keep it cool (along with coolant flow in water cooled units).

~John

if looking for a turbo i have a rebuilt one sitting here but with shipping probably cheaper just to get the old one rebuilt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom