Builds 2F + (3F-E) = 2FETI Into My FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I get all the V8 comments and not a cat in hells chance, the look on someones face with an all powerful V8, been beaten at comp by a 2F is PRICELESS:cheers:

I imagine all this work isn't "Priceless" though.

So how much $ do ya have in it or gonna have in it??

I imagine all this work isn't "Priceless" though.

So how much $ do ya have in it or gonna have in it??

Turbo, intercooler, ECU, custom maifold $5,500us
Drop forged pistions $2,000us
3F-E $231us
Work to the head $2000us
Always add 20% sunderies :eek:

Spent so far on the truck just under 40,000us including all maintenance from competing. writing off rebuilding, fixing breaking and improving.

It's a labour of love and I have two ex wifes so the sig below is true to form

Last edited:
I am still not convinced on an intercooler. Seems water injection would be better and easier.

I max out at 12 psi on my turbo...

I am still not convinced on an intercooler. Seems water injection would be better and easier.

Water injection???

Tks all very interesting reading I'll chat to the turbo charging place about it, see what they know and how it stands against an intercooler system.

Just one question how much water/alcohol do you need to carry eg an extra fuel/water tank to match 30 Gal of fuel. (If I have both fuel tanks full)

bout a quart or so.. It really does not use much water at all..

Before anyone lurking this thread jumps in with smarmy comments about polishing a turd or the old "put a smallblock in it"... ...

OK, How about putting a racing saddle on a mule?
It is still a mule.

Turbo, intercooler, ECU, custom maifold $5,500us
Drop forged pistions $1,000us
3F-E $231us
Work to the head $1000us
Always add 20% sunderies :eek:

For that kind of money, you could get a real racing engine and not just a curiosity.

It is still a mule.

For that kind of money, you could get a real racing engine and not just a curiosity.

But how do you feel when you're beaten by the mule:bounce:

And for that kind of money I will get a real racing engine:flipoff2: Just not a racing car

But how do you feel when you're beaten by the mule:bounce:

And for that kind of money I will get a real racing engine:flipoff2: Just not a racing car

I will be rolling on the ground laughing when the "mule" has a rod sticking out of the block. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken $hit.

Screw it. Buy a helicopter. You'll never make that Cruiser go where a copter will, no matter what you do to the pile of junk.

Mark...

Screw it. Buy a helicopter. You'll never make that Cruiser go where a copter will, no matter what you do to the pile of junk.

Mark...

If only I had thought of that first:mad:

Mark...

i bet you could make it a helicopter....

It is still a mule.
well...... I kind of like your analogy! :D

Mules are smarter than horses, they are level headed and don't get spooked as easily.
you can't work a mule to death like a horse (they're too smart)
they're stronger than horses and can do more farmwork
Mules handle temp extremes better (especially heat)
Mules are more *shure of foot* than horses.... they don't stumble or break their legs in groundhawg holes
Mules have a longer working lifespan...

if you get a gated mule you can ride it all day w/o getting a tired butt...

a gated mule is very expensive and in high demand..... starts around $4000

Sound familliar to anyone???

PS: I also like the tractor motor analogy..... I have yet to see any of my neighbors with a V8 in their tractor no matter how big it is :D

Mark...

BRILLIANT!
*English Guinness accent*
:D

In tears here laughing:cheers:

intercooler integrated into the hood....

run an electric fan on the underside of the hood and somhow have it grafted level with the top of the hood.... would be so sweet!

One of the reasons I am not a great fan of intercoolers.. packaging..

Why not an intercooler and water injection? Unless you move the bib forward I don't know where a intercooler would fit on the front of a 40 unless you mounted it into the hood.

Have friends with a water intercooler in there BJ 40 Turbo and the radiator is in it original position. Think there intercooler rad is where the Air con Rad used to be. Not 100% sure without looking but the intercooler came from a Subaru. That much I do know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom