2016 URJ200 SERIES LAND CRUISER/LX570 UPDATE-REFRESH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

honda does have the chips in the pads; not sure of toyota but my big concern is the cost of replacement pads and rotors etc. I would much have a central type system and have regular brakes etc.
with all the news of SUPER TOYOTA out in the middle east with the terroists i don't think toyota is gonna put the sensors into the pads. I believe it will be central system also and simply have a connection to the camera etc in the front end.

anyone got the manual for the 2016???

I found one online. I'm not sure if it's real or not but, it's in a PDF file and is 608 pages long. Upon further inspection, it displayed number LC200_OM_OM60M88U_(U)

Looks like the entire safety sense suite can be disabled by switches (PCS switch). That's good news. On page 233-237 of manual in link above.

...and better-looking. :)
Honestly I like the 13-15 over the 08-11. Subtle differences and those DAMN ventilated seats. I hate land cruiser swamp ass on long trips. It's our only car/truck without vented seats.

lets all be nice here; all new safety systems are great progress; one thing all of us here know that we have a vehicle that RUNs through out the world not just the USA so certain items are on our vehicles and NOT on the ones running in sub-sahara africa where your latest and greatest software may NOT be available. Toyota is not stupid and won't put this on their global vehicle.

example the wonderful NIGHT vision thing the 100 series had; simple camera installed and connected which was possible on ALL the 100 made but not all had it. The system has to be in the main ECU and not in the pads like the honda's. The land cruiser pad in the USA is the land cruiser pad in sub sahara africa. We love our vehicles other wise we would be some where else.

forgot to add this TESLA has put out software that works on all their vehicles which is making them AUTONOMOUS. either last year model or this year. its the ECU that runs the show; HONDA is the one making a mistake

Thanks for the help with the manual! So that one PCS button stops both the radar from the camera and sensor in the windshield for any automatic braking? (pedestrian or vehicle cutting you off)? I'll look up the manual. PS: other guy; I would hardly call it Sci-fi.. Obviously you have never had your car almost carjacked.. Besides that... I don't want my car automatically braking every time a pedestrian gets close or a car cuts me off... Seems to me a legitimate concern... Sometimes you don't think about different scenarios until it hits home and happens to you.. Just saying..

That is nice you can turn it off easily, except every time you start your car it automatically turns itself on, maybe could wire in a relay switch instead to keep it off? Or possible using the scan tool to change preferences to not have it automatically activate every time you start your car...

Thanks for the help with the manual! So that one PCS button stops both the radar from the camera and sensor in the windshield for any automatic braking? (pedestrian or vehicle cutting you off)? I'll look up the manual. PS: other guy; I would hardly call it Sci-fi.. Obviously you have never had your car almost carjacked.. Besides that... I don't want my car automatically braking every time a pedestrian gets close or a car cuts me off... Seems to me a legitimate concern... Sometimes you don't think about different scenarios until it hits home and happens to you.. Just saying..

Do you really think that Toyota is so incompetent that the auto brake system will get triggered in normal, everyday driving?

That is nice you can turn it off easily, except every time you start your car it automatically turns itself on, maybe could wire in a relay switch instead to keep it off? Or possible using the scan tool to change preferences to not have it automatically activate every time you start your car...

This is not that big of a deal. For a driver that uses the car (and never wants those features on), it comes as part as a routine and, for those who accidentally push it, on startup and, who do not know how to fix it, it's good! (Remember a majority of newer Land Cruisers US Spec are sadly used as "Pampered Parking Lot Princesses")!

This feature reminds me of my Southern Uncle who's DD is a 2013 Mercedes-Benz E-350. Every time he starts it up, he insists on pressing the "Sport" button to have his car sound "entertaining" and because by default upon startup, it goes automatically into "eco-mode" unless you press the "sport" button (Without the sport button, his Merc drives, sounds and responds more boring than a stock Volvo Station Wagon :D) Anyways, it's now part of his startup routine and, he does not make it a big deal anymore!

True TRD! Guess I would be more concerned with my gf driving forgetting to turn it off and being shocked when a car cuts her off.. M1911, remember this is not that new of technology, I mean it is but it has been out for many years.. Different vehicles.. A lot of semi- trucks have same technology whether its Toyota or a different brand, and a lot of the time the technology may work well, (for those that like their car to assist their driving abilities) but in busier places, more traffic congestion, big cities where there are constantly cars cutting people off, this becomes more of a problem, even driving downtown with pedestrians. Ask any semi- truck driver that has the same technology on their truck they will tell you.. it's not good.. You can adjust the depth of the radar though I just found out, (on Toyota at least) So I am not sure how many feet that is...

Yea, pretty dumb, because it takes more gas to start your car again vs idling for a min.. Also Would wear out the starter a lot quicker.. Does the 16 LC Have the start stop motor?

M1911, remember this is not that new of technology, I mean it is but it has been out for many years.. Different vehicles.. A lot of semi- trucks have same technology whether its Toyota or a different brand, and a lot of the time the technology may work well, (for those that like their car to assist their driving abilities) but in busier places, more traffic congestion, big cities where there are constantly cars cutting people off, this becomes more of a problem, even driving downtown with pedestrians. Ask any semi- truck driver that has the same technology on their truck they will tell you.. it's not good.. You can adjust the depth of the radar though I just found out, (on Toyota at least) So I am not sure how many feet that is...

1) You are right, this isn't new technology. But it isn't just on big rigs. Many other auto manufacturers have put this technology on their cars, including Mercedes, Volvo, GM, Chrysler, etc.

2) Cars stop more quickly than big rigs, so the systems are calibrated differently in cars than in big rigs.

3) If you don't like it, then turn it off.

I think you are worried about nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom