2016 Cruise Moab Kokopelli Expedtion team thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This thread has been way too quiet -- for an entire week. Well, I'm really excited!!! :)

I'm hitting the road tomorrow (Saturday), with a short drive to my sister's in Reno. Then, I drive to SLC on Sunday to drop my wife off with our daughter. (They are flying to Amsterdam for a mother-daughter vacation while we're all wheeling in Moab). Then, I will meet Cliff (@Skidoo ) in SLC for the drive to GJ.

I test drove my cast-iron jambalaya tonight. Pretty tasty, and simple. I'll make that for the Tuesday night potluck.

Get excited everyone!

All loaded up and rolling out. Weighed the truck before and after loading 5900 lbs with just the fridge and groceries. 6500 with everything but the Jerry cans, both weights are without people. Are you guys sure the 80 series isn't the real iron pig?

I am meeting my brother and friend Monday in Moab around 4pm and leaving some gear there, then driving to Grand Junction for the night. If you are there we could meet up and caravan as far as Rabbit Valley if that's where you staying.

We should be able to do that, is there a frequency you will be monitoring so we can get in touch?

Your 80, an iron pig, naw, 6500 is just over stock weight for the 100, mine is probably pushing 7500.

I will be on the Bald Mesa repeater, if repeater is down then 146.52.
Frequency: 146.7600 minus, Tone: 88.5
Also will have other band setup for APRS Voice Alert.

Your 80, an iron pig, naw, 6500 is just over stock weight for the 100, mine is probably pushing 7500.

I will be on the Bald Mesa repeater, if repeater is down then 146.52.
Frequency: 146.7600 minus, Tone: 88.5
Also will have other band setup for APRS Voice Alert.

Hadn't heard of voice alert, that's getting turned on first thing in the morning

The weather looks pretty good for us all week! It has been snowing or raining here in Denver for 4 days straight. Packing is slightly less than fun.

I will be at the Rabbit Valley meetup around 0830 or 0900 on Tuesday morning with delicious breakfast burritos and coffee for the group. Drive safe.

Don't forget extra fuel.

Well we wound up camped at the slickrock, couldn't find anywhere else, spot 178 if anyone wants to come say hi.

We just checked in at the Super 8 in Grand Junction, it was easy to find with the two cruisers out front. See you guys in the AM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom