2016 Cruise Moab Kokopelli Expedtion team thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OutdoorX4 Magazine is proud to sponsor the Kokopelli Expedition for the second-straight year and for everyone joining Stan and the crew, you'll be receiving a complimentary subscription to OutdoorX4 Magazine (six issues print AND digital). We also had the shirts printed for all participants and you'll have a copy of the latest issue, along with some chapstick, included in your swag bags.

Have fun out there. Stan knows this trail very well and you're going to be treated to a very fun time.

Very cool! Thanks for your support!

Leaving ABQ today for SLC, Duchesne , then Rabbit Valley Monday night. Tuesday Pot luck I'm going with Carne 4qt cooker could use cheese and tortillas with it.

I'lQUOTE="stickers, post: 10338718, member: 40285"]Leaving ABQ today for SLC, Duchesne , then Rabbit Valley Monday night. Tuesday Pot luck I'm going with Carne 4qt cooker could use cheese and tortillas with it.[/QUOTE]
I'll bring tortilla chips & cheese.
Vince

You and Dan S should have plenty to talk about. He's got diesel Land Cruisers laying around his house like kids toys.

Yep! I'm currently debating WHICH cruiser I will end up in. I think I've decided to drive the 42 this year. I think.

I was going to bring my 60 (with the 1HZ/Turbo) but my employer banished me to a boring, terrible awful part of the country for all of April, so that truck won't be ready for CM, so I'll just take one of the others.

I'm debating more and more about putting the APRS Rig into the 42 for the trip, but the truck has an 8800 in it that works very well, and the FTM-400 is really slated for the aforementioned HZJ-60.

If anyone (Stan, cough cough) is coming from the Denver area and needs to stock up on firewood let me know. I have tons, and tons of it to dispose of.

I'm looking forward to it. Been cooped up in boringlandia for a month now, not busting my knuckles at all. Very lame. Lets fix that next week, shall we?

Dan

Bring your mud shoes guys and gals. Look like we may have some on the trail. Be ready for all conditions, regardless of the 10 day forecast you may be seeing for the area. Looking forward to meeting all of you. @paflytyer and I look forward to this!

I can't wait.

@bluecruiser and I spoke today about the weather. We have a pretty large snowstorm happening in Denver right now. Fruita looks like it's getting some rain over the next few days, but Monday looks dry. Tuesday looks sunny. That first part of the trail could be extremely dangerous when wet (very slick, off camber with large drop offs)

Fortunately, that trail dries quickly so I expect no issues. It rained nonstop for a week before we started last year's run and the trail was dry in that section after 24 hours.

If it's too slick, we'll go about 5 miles west on I-70 and rejoin the trail there.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a mechanic in grand junction? I seem to. E having some troubles that I want to look at before we leave on the trail. My mobile number is 360-602-9787 and I am in Jackson hole right now. Headed to grand junction in the morning.

Isn't Safari Ltd in Grand Junction?? I know they helped out the guy who broke studs last year on the cruiserfest run...

Safari LTD is closed f good according to their voice mail.

I am headed to metric off-road to see Mike on Monday am, does anyone know about them or him?

Thanks guys.

I

I am headed to metric off-road to see Mike on Monday am, does anyone know about them or him?

Thanks guys.

That's surprising they seemed to be thriving in September. Good luck!

Thanks guys.
I've taken my trucks to metric a bunch of times in the last couple of years he's a total landcruiser dork and his help me out a lot. Tim had a bad experience with him last year I'm sure he'll tell you all about it but he's treated me very well.

I don't know what Stan is talking about, the weather is great here in the high country!

image.jpg

Skies do need Snow!
Sunshine is great now and then.
Mary Jane last weekend.
20160422_145205.jpg

I've taken my trucks to metric a bunch of times in the last couple of years he's a total landcruiser dork and his help me out a lot. Tim had a bad experience with him last year I'm sure he'll tell you all about it but he's treated me very well.
Thanks, I will let you know how hey do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom