2016 Cruise Moab Kokopelli Expedtion team thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I built a roof console, changed pic host, hopefully it works this time.,..

I built a roof console, changed pic host, hopefully it works this time.,..
Pic working now. You do not mess around when you build something, looks bulletproof.

I think that 18 gauge may have been overkill, but it least it shouldn't fall on my head!

Are any of you with Ham radios also running APRS? Its pretty cool for groups.

Yes, I have APRS and Yeasu's version of digital for what it's worth, never found anyone else that had it to test it with. However, at this time I don't have it linked to a GPS display so all I can see is bearing and distance.

I have a TinyTrak4 w/Bluetooth on data port of my Kenwood and APRSDroid on an Android tablet which has offline maps. It maps me and other users, so was hoping someone would be running APRS. I am setting up a friend's Mobilinkd which seems like a good product also. It and a Baofeng make a good cheap setup.

Magellan has a new GPS I'm very interested in but I haven't been able to get confirmation that it will work with APRS it's the new Explorist TRX7

If any of you are interested in finding out more about APRS I did a presentation on it to my local Ham club.
RCARCS 2016-04 APRS.pdf

I am going to make it out for Monday night at Rabbit Valley, any nice trails right around there to drive as i should be there early and would like something to do? See you there.

We will probably be down Monday as well planning to leave Oregon early Saturday morning and hit some National Parks on the way, hoping to hit arches and canyonlands.

We will probably be down Monday as well planning to leave Oregon early Saturday morning and hit some National Parks on the way, hoping to hit arches and canyonlands.
I am meeting my brother and friend Monday in Moab around 4pm and leaving some gear there, then driving to Grand Junction for the night. If you are there we could meet up and caravan as far as Rabbit Valley if that's where you staying.

I am going to make it out for Monday night at Rabbit Valley, any nice trails right around there to drive as i should be there early and would like something to do? See you there.
FJ6012HT,

lots of really good mountain biking if you're into that. Anders and I will be riding Monday...

I wish I was going out there with you all again this year but I will catch up with you in Moab Happy trails you guys.
Enjoyed getting to know you on last year's Kokopelli and learning some of your trail fix wizardry. See you in Moab.

OutdoorX4 Magazine is proud to sponsor the Kokopelli Expedition for the second-straight year and for everyone joining Stan and the crew, you'll be receiving a complimentary subscription to OutdoorX4 Magazine (six issues print AND digital). We also had the shirts printed for all participants and you'll have a copy of the latest issue, along with some chapstick, included in your swag bags.

Have fun out there. Stan knows this trail very well and you're going to be treated to a very fun time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom